Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Oh Thats how you install a headliner... DOH

Post by Briano1234 »

Well on my little wabbit that is visiting, well I have the head liner installed, and now that I know the easy way to do it, I will write a how to, as I took alot of pictures. Best yet is that now I know where I can improve on the install I wish I would of thunked about it prior to it being on the car, but nerves of steel, a drill and a couple more pop rivets, and that issue that I have seen over the years on my Cab's is a thing of the past.

Whoooooo-hoooooooo.

The new rear cable that the lady bought from Vi'cs tops (I think it is tops-online) it is remarkable.. I took some pics of it, and to tell you it is about the same size as an original, and very flexible. I AM IMPRESSED........

I have seen a lot of issues on this top that I have come up with repairs and fixes.... I am getting a little better with each one..

ps. William, now that I have done my first headliner from scratch I will feel a lot better whenever I do yours :) ...
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Oh Thats how you install a headliner... DOH

Post by Calimus »

Thats awesome man. Since you've prollie done more tops than anyone I know, could you do me a favor. Msg me a list of the items needed to replace the tops and the best places to order each item from. This keeps you supplied with all the pieces you know to work best. Oh and let me know what your drinking these days. When Crabby reaches you, I have to make sure you have liquid refreshment.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bLac K aBriOleT89
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

Hmmmmm..
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Calimus wrote:Thats awesome man. Since you've prollie done more tops than anyone I know, could you do me a favor. Msg me a list of the items needed to replace the tops and the best places to order each item from. This keeps you supplied with all the pieces you know to work best. Oh and let me know what your drinking these days. When Crabby reaches you, I have to make sure you have liquid refreshment.
Drinking? Did I see Drinking?.......... Whiskey Jim Beam Devils Cut, Jameson's...

She bought the Pinpoint Vinyl, Cable and a White headliner from TOP's online.
The Top was a EZ-on. The Cable is made by them too. It has the same dimensions as the OEM steel cable.
The Padding kit she bought was the Foam. I didn't like it, as it was made wrong, and I had to install it anyway.
I bought the Horse Hair padding from Cabrioworld, last summer when I did the green car.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: