Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Hi-rez Photo's requested.

Post by Calimus »

Ok, after thinking that there was some way I could find a source to put some TRF product together very cheap, I found that I was basicly a dumbass and should have known better.

So, unless something reaches up and slaps me in the face, I'm going with a well known way of putting things like this together. What I don't want though is some TRF product that only has my wifes car on it. I'd like to ask you the members to submit some hi-rez shots of your cars in as plane of a colored background as you can (makes it easier to remove the background) and submit them right here in this thread. Find a pose for the car that just makes it look bad-ass and snap a pic. Reason I say Hi-rez is that they will have to be shrunk down and the higher the resolution, the more clear it will look when smaller.

Now for the part I hate, the somewhat legal crap. By submitting your photo's in this thread, you give the owners of TRF (my wife and I) the right to use or not use the photo on official TRF products. If your car gets picked, excellent, if it doesn't, don't whine, chances are it just hasn't been used yet and very well might later.

This is really a temp solution untill we can find something better (an I hope we can). At first it might only be a very few things and only 2-3 of your cars may be picked. Please don't take offence, we just might not put too many thing out there to be sold. Remember, we are a small group and therefore we know there won't me much sold to begin with. An as much as we'd love for all of you to get a trf shirt with you own car on it, it's just not something we can do right now. I really wish we could though.

Now the main thing is, we will not be looking to make any money on this at all. This is mainly because you guy's have suggested and asked for this sort of thing and we really wanted to do it for a long time, just wished we could have found a better way. So aside from So-Cal (who we owe a shirt) this will be the best way you guys will be able to get some TRF swag as cheaply as we can make it. It will take us a little bit of time to get it all done once we choose some submitted pics, but this will happen.

What we are looking at are some t-shirts and maybe hoodies. Obviously the hoodies will just have the TRF logo + a car on the front. However, with the T-shirts I think we can do the car+logo in the pocket area and maybe some cool saying on the back. When you submit your car, submit an idea for what the shirst should say on the front or back if you like. Once again, can't say we will or won't use it.

If there are any questions, please ask, I don't want there to be any missunderstandings at all. I don't want to offend anyone or make them feel bad/cheated in any way. I just want to give you guy's a shot at something you asked for and by putting some of your cars on the swag, I thought it added a nice personal touch. Kinda like a group warm fuzzy.

If for some reason any of you think this is a bad idea, now is your time to say something, I'm all ears either way.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

I sent Cristine a pic of the side view at full size a while back.. and here is another pic

Last edited by BigDaddy90Cabby on Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

I believe my car is offended.

Of course the appearance of my car offends me.

But my car is unable to retort because it can't type.

Therefore I stand in complete support for this undertaking and promise not to feel bad about my junkyard dog not being picked.

I like the above design and will gladly pay my share of whatever the admin. deems is fair for promotional material.

PS Can we keep it under $20.00 cause I'm broke? :D

PSS You really want a high res pic of my cabby?
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Sixes, Please do post a hi-rez shot. Even if you feel your car is a rusting hulk, I still want a hi-rez pic.

An yes, the idea is to keep things on the cheap as best we can. As I said, the wife and I don't want to make any money on this. It's really just a way tog et you guys some cool stuff. I just wish we could afford to get it and send it to you all. We'd love nothing more then to come out of pocket for this stuff as a way to say thanks for making these forums a great place. It's just not feesable right now. So, get me some shots and you never know, it might be just what I'm looking for.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

does it have to be the cabby?...LOL
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

YES. Even if you don't own it anymore.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

I have the original original of this pic so if necessary I can cut the car out and paste it onto a plain or clear background in P-Shop.

Obviously, the red one is not mine but feel free to cut out the white one 'cuz she is mine if you decide to use the 'ole girl.

Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Jimmy, Kamz, excellent shots. Thank you both
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

I know its not the best background but if you like it i can take nwew shots

P.S. I now have 2 windshield wipers again

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Okay, as I also have a white cabby, is that a popular color or what? I thought that I would take a different tack

Scared ya didn't I :oops: :oops: :oops: i'm bad
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

Calimus wrote:YES. Even if you don't own it anymore.
the Jetta is the only one i have Hi-Res pics of
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

Briano1234 wrote: Image
Scared ya didn't I :oops: :oops: :oops: i'm bad
scare the hell outta me! :lol:
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Pretty Brian !! Really Pretty...I know there must be a story behind that one, dare I ask??
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Gee and I was so fond of them piggie tails.....well they are no more as my hair was buzzed to 1/4 inch. But I figured that since you were looking for Hi-rez Photoids and well my cabby is white, that it is a pretty common color...lol.

Yes I do realize that if I win the coveted pic spot, I would probably drive more folks away than we would attract....lol
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Brian, the pigtails were cute, you shoulda kept em. :P

Ok, I know that there has to be some more if you guy's that have some good Hi-Rez shots. I certainly like what I've seen so far, but umm, we need some more. Variety is a good thing. So what if your car is the same color as someone elses, doesn't matter, it still looks different in some way.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C