Quick Photoshop fun

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

Hey Cristine.. So how does the TRF Sticker look on your cabby?? Have you tried it out yet??
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Alas, no....there has been so much drama lately and that bitch is getting nothing new till she bahaves!!!! That includes the stickers!!

This all happened over the weekend that William was gone, check it out. Granted, none of this is really the car's fault with the exception of the mechanical problem, but still.... :

William went to FL because his grandfather was in the hospital. It also happened to be my daughter's 16th birthday weekend, and since I was already scheduled on vacation for a car show we no longer could attend, I decided to take the teen out for fun all weekend.

Alyssa and I had been wanting to go see "Chocolate Factory" as soon as it came out, so Friday night I got into the Rocco to drive down to the theater. The Roc needed gas, so I pull into the QT...damn gas flap wont open because the vacuum lock system is on the fritz. #$%#^# !!!!

I take the Roc back and exchange it for the Cabby. ( :!: incident #1)Cabby still has that cold start issue and the occasional stalling when turning problem. But it is not enough to stop me from driving her. We get down to the theater (about 30 miles), buy a ticket for a much later time because the shows are all sold out, and decide to kill some time at Starbucks. ( :!: Incident #2) Well. the Chinese door handle causes the passenger door to stick if the door is locked, so when I parked, Alyssa was stuck in the car. Like all the other quirks with this beast, I've learned how to get the door to open. Before I can get around to her side of the car, though, some "good samaritan" guy starts yanking on the door handle....as hard as he can. I mean, he is throwing his entire weight backward while pulling. He pulled the handle right out of the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: The clip snapped off and went flying somewhere, and Alyssa climbed out the driver side.

Early next morning, I drove about 70 miles to go see a PDR guy that Nash has referred me to (insert several other delays and frustrations along the way). ( :!: incidents #3, 4, and 5) The guy was really nice but informs me that he cannot fix the dent because of the location (ridge in body panel).

I am driving home and about a quarter of a mile from my house ( :!: incident# 6, 7, and 8 ) I hear a loud flapping against the body of the car. I pull over, Alyssa gets out to see what has wrong. Turns out that the front tire had rubbed against a screw for the fender flare, prolly for some time, and the edge of the sidewall was now a ribbon of rubber flapping against the front fender in front and in back of the fender, leaving nice rubber marks and breaking the clips off the side moulding :evil:

William came home Sunday, and Monday he fixed the door handle better than new (no more sticking) and comes upstairs to ask me if I spilled a drink in the car because the passenger seat has a large puddle on the sheepskin ( :!: incident# 9) . Of course, there is no way I would spill in the car, I did not even have a drink in there, so I go out, see the puddle....grrr I have a sick suspicion...and smell the puddle. Yes, you got it. A neighborhood cat must have made it's way into the garage at some point and peed it's entire bladder out on the seat. :x :cry:

Because it is a sheepskin, none of the offending liquid made it down to the upholstery. I was able to use the steam vac, an entire resevoir of cleaning mix for pets, and about 40 minutes of labour to get the stink out. No trace is left, thank God !!!!!
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

All in All, I would say you had a great day!! considering.. hey, at least you got to go the Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, William made it home safely, and you got the Cat piss up out of the car. :lol:
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

An just to add insult to injury, a few days ago, we got a recall notice for the brake light switch on the jetta. Figured we'd get it taken care of in a few weeks when we had more time. Well, guess we stopped working lastnight? :banghead:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
93greencabb

Re: Quick Photoshop fun

Post by 93greencabb »

kuklaki wrote:
93greencabb wrote: where in atlanta did you take this picture ?
That was actually taken here in Cartersville. It was the first wall-painting advertising that Coke did. Quite a few photogs take pics of classic cars in front of it, I saw them in an art gallery, therefore I felt the Cabby deserved the same treatment :wink:
i might have to venture out there to take a photo of my car when it is done....... in the next month or so........ i love the classic look.... would love to take pic there in black and white......
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Just let us know, and we will play host for a shoot !! There are also quite a few nice wooden bridges and other things which make nice settings for a shoot !!
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

so are you gonna be disappointed when i show up in my jetta? :lol:
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

SoCal_Cabby wrote:so are you gonna be disappointed when i show up in my jetta? :lol:
No foogin way!! After all, we are Jetta owners, too!! Besides, you have etched your way into permanent TRF stardom!![/quote]
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Well as I understood it, Jetta's were designed for cabby owners who's cars can't keep running.....

lol joking....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

actuallu minus the oil cooler leak my cabby ran awesome and i wouldn't have hesitated in driving it across country. the jetta is the only car i have now
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

man! that is a ton of bad luck! i think i would of smacked the crap outta the guy yanking on the door handle.
i'm like socal, i've never had any problems out of my cab....(knock on wood). the only prob i've had is with the cam seal just because i was to dumb to put a new one on when i put the 270 cam in.
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol