Ok to swap diesel tranny and engine for gas in cabriolet/rab

Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

tolusina
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by tolusina »

pdaoust wrote:.......fuel is an average of $3.80 - $4.00 per gal up here in Canada. .....
Is that per Imperial Gallon or U.S. Gallon?
pdaoust

Post by pdaoust »

doesn't matter, because I did some gross estimations anyway. But for sake of accuracy, right now prices are $1.079/l in my town. Adjusting for today's exchange rate, that's $0.94/l. If we change that into gallons, that's actually $3.55, so I was way off. Wow, it must really be the taxes up here, because our prices are almost as cheap as yours now!
I gots me a yellow '90 Cabrio with automatic tranny. It's one of only two yellow Cabrios I've ever seen. My greatest desire is to pop a diesel engine in there and run it offa veggie oil. Dat is all I haff to say here.
pdaoust

Post by pdaoust »

(that was US gallons, BTW)
I gots me a yellow '90 Cabrio with automatic tranny. It's one of only two yellow Cabrios I've ever seen. My greatest desire is to pop a diesel engine in there and run it offa veggie oil. Dat is all I haff to say here.
thingmon

Post by thingmon »

I agree with the consumption and the alternative source comments whole heartedly. Does it make sense that, other than work, my miles are often spent going to car shows???? And I want to add ~50 HP to the ol' cabo. Guess I'm the problem not the solution...

Saw a diesel caddy for sale recently, maybe I should? I better finish remod'ing the bathroom first, or I won't be alive to worry about it!!!

Cheers!
gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by gull »

How tall are you? I've heard the limited seat track movement in the Caddies makes them inadvsiable for six-footers. I've never been in one myself, though.
thingmon

Post by thingmon »

Short enough that it wouldn't be a problem. Need to sell my 'ol reliable oil leaking Camry b4 starting anything new though. Trans is going. Got 200k out of it so I don't feel too bad. Wonder if the 2700 duel cam would fit in the... er, nevermind. Damn this ADD...!

ADD joke:

How many ADD kids does it take to change a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes?