spent some time at the wrecking yard

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

spent some time at the wrecking yard

Post by PDX Cabby »

since i'm taking off for Sacramento tomorrow for a week, thought i'd do a lil playing around so that i'll have something to do when i get back...

there were 2 cabbys side by side...
neither in great shape
but
one did have a Rabbit Hutch suspention package
i've already got the front sway bar, but grabbed it anyway. snagged the rear one in a heartbeat though... hadn't even seen one in person before, but knew what it looked like

so, sometime after i get back, i'll have a front sway bar for sale and be putting on my new rear bar!
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
fuzzie

Post by fuzzie »

i too went today and all I got was cold stiff fingers......

Jeff
1984 Rabbit Convertable named Be Be. Topless is the only way her be!
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by sixsracing »

I miss salvage yards, don't seem to be many around here at all. Spent all day on Saturday doing little stuff to the cab. Timing belt and tensioner, fuel filter, oil change, seat track sliders, fixed the light in the heater controls. Now I gotta get it all to work together, the guy that did the last timing belt had the balance shaft out one tooth, so I had adjusted everything to that arrangement. Now that it's right I gotta go back to baseline and start over. It's a little smoother but doesn't pull quite as hard, and starts funny cold. I work in a fairly professional office building so when I pull in in the morning and lift the hood to start playing, some strange stares come my way.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom