i need a diagram

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

i need a diagram

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

the bentley doesn't seem to be any help for me.

the engine in my cabby has been hacked together wiring wise, and i need to start getting to work on it so it will pass smog next year.

i know it's missing stuff, and there are things that appear to be hooked up (that is untill you follow wires)

i will post some different angles of my motor so you can see what i'm talking about.

pretty much i need to re-wire the whole car
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

This is a funt hing to do, I have 2 scirocco's that belong to a friend of mine that I'm going to be doing this too, so I feel your pain.

However, post up some pics, and what I will do is take pics of the wifes 100% all original engine bay and post those up for ya. Since I'm about to start dissconnecting stuff in there, I planned on taking a bunch of pics just incase my lables come off and I can't remember where a wire goes.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
black_cabbie

Post by black_cabbie »

I have the same problem. Previous owner decided to remove all the wiring associated with a/c. Everything else is there. I am still trying to figure out what goes where. I have trouble locating the wires that go through the low and high pressure switches.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Well, I kinda screwed up and forgot to take pics before I tore into the new cabby. However, I lables the piss outta everything so once it's all back together, pics you shal have. An I will take them this time since I've got to show off my crappy handy-work.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
black_cabbie

Post by black_cabbie »

Calimus wrote:Well, I kinda screwed up and forgot to take pics before I tore into the new cabby. However, I lables the piss outta everything so once it's all back together, pics you shal have. An I will take them this time since I've got to show off my crappy handy-work.
no problem.... we are going to be gentle on you.... :D

Btw, I am looking for a complete set of power windows for my cabbie.....
Motors, regulators, switches, loom and module.... Anyone can help?
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Well, I know where a cabby is sitting that does have everything your after, but unless he's only wanting $100 for the car, I'm not touching it. It's in pretty bad shape. But, I'll keep my eye out for those parts.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
black_cabbie

Post by black_cabbie »

Calimus wrote:Well, I know where a cabby is sitting that does have everything your after, but unless he's only wanting $100 for the car, I'm not touching it. It's in pretty bad shape. But, I'll keep my eye out for those parts.
Thanks.