The reason I bought a Cabby in the first place.

Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

The reason I bought a Cabby in the first place.

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Back when I was in the service and living in Germany, I became interested in buying a Cabby.

A guy I knew named John had one and was thinking of selling it. So I went to have a look.

It was an '84, and had an automatic. I did drive it. I liked the car so much, I decided to buy a new one instead. John decided to keep his.
That's when I bought "Topless Bunny".

Fast forward 20 years, I'm looking for a suitable project car, and low and behold, what do I find? You guessed it, John's old car. I decided to buy another one to create "Posh Bunny".

Well John's old car is for sale again. Somewhere I think I should buy it, but I have nowhere for it.

Here it is:

Just a note, Kamz you might find this interesting. When John bought the car, he ordered it at a German dealership. The car was built to Canadian specs, but was delivered with a GOLF badge on the trunk lid as opposed to a Rabbit badge that Canadian delivered cars had.

Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: The reason I bought a Cabby in the first place.

Post by kamzcab86 »

That's fate knocking on your door, Phil. The car is saying, "Phil! Please buy me this time and make me look pretty again! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!! Third time's a charm, yes?" :wink: :mrgreen:

Interesting story, indeed. And, maybe the factory ran out of "Rabbit" badges that day? :P