A/C wont run

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

EarlD
What year is your cabby?: 2002
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

A/C wont run

Post by EarlD »

I understand this is a typical problem . My A/C runs for just a few minutes and then shuts off. The cooling fans wont come on. I have changed the temp semsor in the radiator but no good. the fans do work when jumped but wont work as it should. I have been told the Cabby has gone relay crazy . which ones do I check to track down my issue. The A/C does work and puts out cold air. There is no sight gauge so I dont know if system is full or not . Open to any possibilities . Thanks
Think First ! Then Guess!
2002 Cabby,2001 E430,1999 SLK 230
55 T-Bird 1979 Cessna 182
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: A/C wont run

Post by Briano1234 »

The sight gauge is on the drier, that is under the windshield washer jug. Cycling is a indication of over charge... Bleed some of the gas off.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
EarlD

Post by EarlD »

The AC doesnt cycle . It runs for a few minutes then shuts down. It doent come back on till it cools down. Or thats my experience with it so far . I guess I need to take it to aa AC shop to have the 134 level checked.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

If it is over pressuring, then it has to bleed the pressure off before it can continue. It can also be the temp probe that is in the evaporator that your evap is freezing up as there could be a blockage on the drain.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
EarlD

Post by EarlD »

I have an '02 Cabrio. It may be different that the other years. The dryer on my car is not under the water tank. That tank is on the drivers side mounted to the frame. I tracked the lines from the compressor . One line goes to the radiator area so it can be cooled. The other line snakes its way around things on the passenger side of the car and then it goes up to a point where it bends towards the firewall. At that point the line has a schrader valve for servicing the AC. Then the lines go into a black box about 3x3 and then they go into the firewall to the AC inside the car. At no place did I see a dryer on either side of the engine compartment . Is this car missing the dryer? I am at a loss now. Guess it is headed for the shop.