New to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself so we can all welcome you to the mad house.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

waldeck
What year is your cabby?: 1984
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: New Member

Post by waldeck »

K. Does anyone know what to do when the rear bow tack strip is too hard to accept staples? Can one get replacements? I probably should have checked this out before I got to this stage. I was hoping to get this done tommorrow so I could proudly post some finished picks :D . Oh well...........
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

It isn't that it is too hard, your stapler don't have the umph to drive it.

I use one of two staplers, an electric Arrow that uses t20 staples, and a 35 year old Swingline hand stapler that I have to seat the staples with an anvil and a hammer. You can see both in my tutorial I am a thinking.

Sometimes I have to assist the arrow with fully seating the staples, but that is because I don't hold it tight enough... It is a right-hand issue with the left side of my brain.

pneumatic staplers are more than adequate as they have the umph.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
waldeck

Post by waldeck »

Well i got the top done finally. It's far from perfect but perfect from far. lol. If I plan on tackling one again I will invest in a pneumatic stapler. Now I'm workin on HVAC issues. Is it true that the selector switch is no longer available? Cuz I need one. As well as a center vent/defrost servo.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

well what is wrong with the selector switch as in the hot/cold, or the servo unit?

I usually can find one in the "yards".
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
waldeck

Post by waldeck »

It's the vacuum distributor. It leaks on every setting except defrost (even when I plug the hose for the center vent/defroster servo which leaks badly). I took it apart because I HAD to see how it worked and it seems that the gasket/seal/maze thingy is wore just about flat. I picture my 7 year old or one like him sitting in the passenger seat moving the lever back and forth thousands of times just for entertainment. lol
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Yeah i wished they made those as spares, but alas they don't. I have tinkered with making a mold and having them made.
Briano

waldeck

Post by waldeck »

I think I have found some wreckers online that have some so I may have to give that a go. Are they the same for all years?
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

waldeck wrote:I think I have found some wreckers online that have some so I may have to give that a go. Are they the same for all years?
Only for Cabriolets with a/c.... The non-ac uses a different valve.
Briano

Gab_Rielle
What year is your cabby?: 1995

Post by Gab_Rielle »

Just a little fixin' and I think it's good. ;)