windshield wiper fluid not working, motor ok

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

jghardt
What year is your cabby?: 1993
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

windshield wiper fluid not working, motor ok

Post by jghardt »

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Had my 93 cabby laid up a few years. She out of the barn now and most all things are working except the windshield washer fluid will not. The motor has power but not pumping the fluid out. By that I mean the motor is good, it was checked on its own. Motor does not run once connected to top of washer reservoir. So I guess its the wiring and I figure that's going to be a major hassle tracing it down. Possible to by pass with some sort of direct wire to inside wiper handle? Any suggestions are helpful. It's a green/red wire that gets lost when i trace it. Maybe its directly connected to the battery? Wipers still work tho.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: windshield wiper fluid not working, motor ok

Post by Briano1234 »

No it is the switch on the steering shaft. There is a contact that gets bent burnt.
Easy fix, and doesn't require removal of anything.

Here's the link.

http://www.the152.com/modules.php?name= ... 244c0a9887

It is probably here too.

The switch as it is out of the car.

Bending the contacts

You can bend them with the key on, but until you get it close it will engage the wipers, but not the washer common issue.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: