Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Been MIA for a bit

Post by Calimus »

Sorry for the absence folks. A bit over a week ago my mother crashed on her motorcycle and broke her ankle. She's doing fine aside from the fact that she's got 2 screws holding things together and she's having to put up with my father attempting to take care of her (he hasn't a clue as he's always been the one banged up).

So I've been helping the family a bit and also my schedule has switched to 4 10 hour days a week for the summer. So the last week or so has been a bit hectic.

All in all, things are better then they could have been. Even the bike came out alright and should cost us less then $300 to bring back to like new condition.

The cause of the accident was heat exhaustion. It was one of the day's were it was around 98f and between her ridding in town with her proper gear on and the fact that her bike had a full windscreen (which won't be replaced), she just got too hot and greyed out in the middle of a mild corner. She managed to "come to" enough to dump the bike before she could hit anything and she was at low speed (30mph or so). So, now she's just ready to get the leg healed up so she can get back on the bike.

Been a wild week and let this be a lesson folks. Learn to notice the sings of the heat getting to you. Even though my mother had been making stops to keep herself hydrated, she didn't really notice that she was getting as weak as she was. The crash happened just 3 miles from her house. Keep this in mind as you work on your cars or if you are out on a bike. Even though the top is down on the cabby's you are still subject to the heat, sometimes even more so than if the top was up. Just be careful out there. :thumbup:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Been MIA for a bit

Post by Briano1234 »

Ouch, I am sorry for the wreck but glad she is ok.

Yep, I was up on the roof of the house last week, and the thought of going up and down the ladder one more time was gonna kill me.

I was glad to be out sweating.....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
leestephen
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by leestephen »

It's okay just remember we learn from our mistakes.
lizacrew
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Post by lizacrew »

Learn to notice the sings of the heat getting to you. Even though my mother had been making stops to keep herself hydrated, she didn't really notice that she was getting as weak as she was. The crash happened just 3 miles from her house. Keep this in mind as you work on your cars or if you are out on a bike. Even though the top is down on the cabby's you are still subject to the heat, sometimes even more so than if the top was up.