Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

PDX Cabby
The Living Bentley Manual
What year is your cabby?: 1985
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Wow

Post by PDX Cabby »

Good to see TRF is still around! :beer:

Most may not remember me, but for those that might, yes, I still have the same Cabby. She's been in my garage, in pieces for a few years, and I'm just a couple weekends away of getting her back together. Recon I might stop by a bit more often...
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Wow

Post by Calimus »

Good to see ya PDX. It's certainly been a while. Glad to hear your getting the cabby back on the road. Hoping to do the same for Kuklaki this year. Just needs a new top & better suspension.

What all is lacking on yours.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
PDX Cabby

Post by PDX Cabby »

just gotta put the freshened/milled head on, decide between the stock euro downpipe or the TT euro downs (i've got both), rebuild the CV joint I busted... and i'm back on the road. then i might start thinking about a bigger cam.....

I've got the head milled .040", and, in addition to the Autotech head gasket I should be running ~9.6:1 CR. I finally got around to installing my 2H tranny with 5th gear swap & bolted diff. Installed poly steering rack bushings, and poly rear motor mount.

I think thats about everything... lots of cobwebs to dust off....
85 Cab - 1.9L 8v, g-grind, euro dual downs to TT race w/ Borla, VWMS fuel dizzy, 2H tranny with 5th gear swap, TT short shift, FK 60/40, 15" BBS RA, rear disks... begging for boost...
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

nice additions
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

PDX Cabby wrote:Good to see TRF is still around! :beer:

Most may not remember me, but for those that might, yes, I still have the same Cabby. She's been in my garage, in pieces for a few years, and I'm just a couple weekends away of getting her back together. Recon I might stop by a bit more often...
Now there is a name from the past :D
Good to see you back.

Hope the cabby rebuild goes good!
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
PDX Cabby

Post by PDX Cabby »

It's gone pretty well. I've learned that my parts organization (ie none) does have a statute of limitations. I've had to make a couple runs to the wrecking yard for missing bolts (intake manifold), and bought a second set of steering rack bushings after I couldn't find the first ones that were sitting in the rain tray when I got home. Oh well.

Almost forgot the TT shift kit and bushings to the list too. I can't wait to get the Cabby back on the road, even if it's interfering with my fishing time.