Check your Nuts

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Check your Nuts

Post by Briano1234 »

I hate to have you all do this, but if you have ordered a new rear cable from Cabrioworld or TMI, then you need to check your nuts.

It seems like those lovely folks at TMI cost reduced the rear cable, they change it from 10mm to 11mm. Would of been nice to know so I didn't have to hunt down a flex gear wrench, as I couldn't find my old offset. To top that off AutoZone quit carrying the flex wrenches so BOO to TMI and BOO to AutoZone.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Check your Nuts

Post by Calimus »

what a PITA. 11mm sockets are hard enough to find, let alone a 11mm wrench or even worse an 11mm rachiting wrench. Rat Bastids, the lot of em'.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Calimus wrote:what a PITA. 11mm sockets are hard enough to find, let alone a 11mm wrench or even worse an 11mm rachiting wrench. Rat Bastids, the lot of em'.

This is my second TMI cable, and in my humble opinion, they ain't worth it. The fit and the cheapness, don't bother make your own.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

noted :thumbup:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

And the cable from VW, which costs triple what Cabrioworld, etc. charge, isn't of better quality... the sheath is, but the cable isn't. So, yeah, I support the "just make it yourself" idea. :thumbup: