New to TRF

New to the site? Stop in here and introduce yourself so we can all welcome you to the mad house.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

New to TRF

Post by Oneabsolute »

Hi all,
I just wanted to say hello. I've met a couple of you thanks to B-a-P since I work at the show. My wife and I have a small fleet of VW's both air and water cooled. We just moved to Savannah, GA from Chattanooga, TN. We are looking at buying a sweet Cabby, its already been chosen, once my '65 Beetle gets sold. We currently have an '81 Rabbit vert that's waiting an engine transplant from my totaled '79 Scirocco. Here's a couple of pictures of a couple of our current cars.
The '81
The Rocco
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: New to TRF

Post by Briano1234 »

Welcome to the TRF, and the Photo police won't be after you to post a pic.....
Now instead of Tornado's you only have to worry bout hurricanes... :)

Nice cabby....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Welcome.

Nice cabby, but whats with al the rocco destruction and selling going on around here? :P

I take it we will be seeing you at BAP-X next month? If so, be sure to look us up. It's hard to miss the row of cabbies. :thumbup:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

I'll know that I'll definately be seeing all of the cabbies and watercooleds this year since I'm one of the judges judging the watercooled cars this year. We'll be driving the GLI up but can't enter it in the show due to being club members but it'll be around the camping area most likely. I'm hoping the person lined up to by my Beetle is going to do so once we get up there directly before B-a-P so I can go get the new Cabby and have it for viewing pleasure at B-a-P since the Cabby is located in Chattanooga.

I've had the '86 for a little over a year now. My '79 Rocco got totaled in Nov. '06 after getting hit in the rear on I-75 about 7 months after I bought it :rmad: . I finally had a chance to get the engine out of the '79 so we can put it in the '81 Cabby since its got a blown head/head gasket from it being overheated. The current Scirocco is going to get a black 16v and a roll-on paint job of Gloss Sail Blue once we get the '88 Cabby.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

A fleet of cool VWs and a soc, er football fan?? :o You and I will get along juuuust fine... :thumbup: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

Here's a small pic, sadly the only one I have, of the Cabby that we are going to buy once the Beetle gets sold. Its got white pearl paint and coming with color-matched teardrops. I just can't wait to get.

Football wise, Grand Slam Sunday, this past Sunday, Chelsea played a great game against Arsenal. Now, thanks to Man U winning :banghead: , we are only 5 points behind, but we still play Man U at the Bridge where we haven't been beat in 78 Premiership games. Man U just needs to slip up and drop some points.
I also follow Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga who were unfortunately knocked of out the DFB Cup in the semis by Bayern.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

So if I am able to attend BAP and I slip you a case of your Fav-o-rite beverage... I might win? :):):):P
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

I do like my Guinness; however, I will not and cannot be swayed that easily. Also I will not be the only one judging water-cooled.

I do hope to see some of you at the show though and hopefully get a chance to chat for a while.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Guiness? Did you say Guiness? That is my mostest fav-o-rite beverage.............

ok 2 cases, better make it 3..
Briano

kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Nice-looking Cab! :thumbup:

And Man U must go down!! :twisted:
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

Welcome to TRF. My husband and I have been going to BAP every year from #2 on. It's by far one of the best shows around, and it's pretty cool you are a part of it. We are hoping for another good year of Cabby turnouts. I've got a couple more who I will hopefull be bringing with. Hey, if I cant do anything new to my car this year, I can at least bring new people, right? I'm glad you found us here, and am trying to figure out who you are as I am sure we've prolly met at the show (I'm the lady with the silver/blue cabby) so you are just going to have to do a proper re-introduction this year :thumbup:

The Cabby you picked out looks nice from what I can see of it. Once you get it, be sure to post up some better (bigger) pics-and if you need anything just yell. I've still got some parts I need to get rid of.

Oh, and nice collection of dubs!!!! That Scirocco looks great 8)
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually known about these forums, found by a link in either yours or Calimus' signature from the Vortex, for a little while just never got around to joining until we decided that we are going to get the white Cabby. I've been thinking about that white Cabby since I saw it late last December.

I almost was going to sell the Beetle and Rocco so I could get it and have a little more money, but decided I just love the Rocco too much. Actually the Rocco, once we have the Cabby, is gonna get painted, a 16v kit added, and these:

Those wheels will probably end up on the white Cabby while the Rocco is getting paint so it won't have teardrops. Teardrops are good looking but I'm just sick of them for a while.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing you at BAP. Not sure if my rocco will make it this year but it should be ready shortly after BAP which means it's going to make it to BAP XI if I have to push it. The cabby looks mint and I'm really interested in those roll on paint jobs. I've seen pics of several that have turned out very nice.

Can't wait till BAP time, getting the itch to be woken up by the song of the air cooled's in the morning. :D
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

Well I just found out that guy sold those Audi wheels out from under me :rmad: .
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

That sucks. I hate ppl that do that. Worse is most of the time they act like there is no problem with it at all :banghead:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C