Headlight wiring

Post electrical issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

whitewabbit
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Headlight wiring

Post by whitewabbit »

Has anyone safely wired their headlights to stay on while high beams are on.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Headlight wiring

Post by Calimus »

The main beams should be on when the high beams are on. Unless you mean for the main beams to be on high as well as the high beams. If thats what you mean, it is possible, however, I wouldn't do it with the stock wiring, it will be a bit of a load.

Build yourslef a custom harness w/relays if you want all 4 beams on high. While running the stock wires isn't going to mean that the car will burs into flame, by relaying it, you will get max power to all beams and by using a heavier guage wire, you insure that you won't be melting it with extended use.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
whitewabbit
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Re: Headlight wiring

Post by whitewabbit »

Thanks for the reply.I'll try to search for a detailed link to build or purchase a harness.

Calimus wrote:The main beams should be on when the high beams are on. Unless you mean for the main beams to be on high as well as the high beams. If thats what you mean, it is possible, however, I wouldn't do it with the stock wiring, it will be a bit of a load.

Build yourslef a custom harness w/relays if you want all 4 beams on high. While running the stock wires isn't going to mean that the car will burs into flame, by relaying it, you will get max power to all beams and by using a heavier guage wire, you insure that you won't be melting it with extended use.