Southern Worthersee 2008

Have a show or other VW related event, Announce it here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Southern Worthersee 2008

Post by kuklaki »

Oneabsolute wrote:So it looks like we might try to make to Worthersee since it looks like we are getting the Cabby next weekend. Are you guys planning on caravanning to the show? If so are you guys meeting somewhere near Atlanta?
It looks like there is going to be another massive caravan of the ATL Durties, and another club will be joining them as well. Last year they had a mile o'Dubs headed out there.

Here is one of the shots my friend Deb took (also a Cabriolet owner 8) )

Here is the thread for the ATL caravan:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3741215
I cant wait for this!!!!!!!!!!
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Oneabsolute
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by Oneabsolute »

Okay, I'm pretty sure we are going so we'll just try to meet up at the gathering site for this caravan.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

Leaving Savannah around 5AM to be able to meet up with the Durtydubs caravan. See some of you there.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

I had a great time at the show and Kim now looks like a lobster. I also got a little burnt but nowhere near as bad as her. The trip was great except the part where I got a speeding ticket on my way up to meet up with the Dirtydubs caravan. I didn't take too many pictures got too preoccupied with talking. I'm looking forward to it again next year but definately not driving back the same day, but didn't have a choice this year since I had to be at work at 9am on Sunday.

'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Oneabsolute wrote:I had a great time at the show and Kim now looks like a lobster. I also got a little burnt but nowhere near as bad as her. The trip was great except the part where I got a speeding ticket on my way up to meet up with the Dirtydubs caravan. I didn't take too many pictures got too preoccupied with talking. I'm looking forward to it again next year but definately not driving back the same day, but didn't have a choice this year since I had to be at work at 9am on Sunday.

Sorry bout the ticket was it Dekalb county they are totally obnoxious about it... But there is that speed trap on 16 before Dublin. I tried to get to the caravan meeting spot, but alas my wife had other plans as in helping to cook 30 pounds of chicken and 20 pounds of ground beef. Then as I was driving it to the party in my van I heard a growl in the front of my Van.... The Wheel bearing gave up the ghost, so Sunday I had to change it out.....

Maybe next year............................
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Oneabsolute

Post by Oneabsolute »

Briano1234 wrote: Sorry bout the ticket was it Dekalb county they are totally obnoxious about it... But there is that speed trap on 16 before Dublin. I tried to get to the caravan meeting spot, but alas my wife had other plans as in helping to cook 30 pounds of chicken and 20 pounds of ground beef. Then as I was driving it to the party in my van I heard a growl in the front of my Van.... The Wheel bearing gave up the ghost, so Sunday I had to change it out.....

Maybe next year............................
Nope the ticket was still on I-16, just about when I was off of it too, in Twiggs county. I believe the dates for next years Worthersee are set for May 16th-17th if I read that right on the Vortex.
'72 Westy
'74 Super Beetle
'81 Rabbit vert
'86 Scirocco
'88 Cabriolet
'91 GLI