Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: new member w/ 87 cabby. wont start.

Post by sixsracing »

Don't know if your starting problem has gone away but if you are a creature of habit as we all are then you are parking in the same direction and the same spot every time. Sounds like there is a slight slant to your driveway. Try backing in and facing the car downhill. This keeps fuel pressure on the distributor overnight. Should not be an issue with the electric pumps but it does seem to be on occasion. Let us know what's going on.

The shifter issue could still be bushings. Did you replace the bushings at the shifter pivot as well as on the rod up front?
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
reycycle
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: new member w/ 87 cabby. wont start.

Post by reycycle »

actually it has been sitting in the spot next to my driveway. its been sittin there for a few weeks. just ordered some ignition parts, ie coil, cap and rotor, wires, valve cover gasket, plugs. figure i needed to start with good core parts before i can trouble shoot any thing else. hopefully a good coilo and good spark will get that fuel burnin. i'll let you know. i also have to look at the bushing i ndidnt replace the all.
A person who could give two shits cares more than a person who dosent give a shit!!!