Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bLac K aBriOleT89
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Dubsüd Hosts MidSouth VW Audi Meet- June 10, 2006

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

Greetings, Dubbers!

The first-ever Dubsüd MidSouth VW Audi Meet will be held in Memphis, TN, on Saturday, June 10, 2006! This event will be held at the Southwest TN Community College campus just seconds from the I40 - Sycamore View interchange. Numerous hotels are available within minutes of the meet site.

For a cost of $7 per person, all-you-can-eat burgers, hotdogs, and drinks will be provided. For those who wish to show their talents at a game of football or ultimate frisbee, there is plenty of grass for that.

We will have various raffle prizes to give away and will sell raffle tickets for $2 each or 3 for $5. Currently, we have gift certificates from the Potters at parts4vws.com, gift certificates from vw.oempl.us for OEM+ VW parts, gift certificates from AWETuning, and gift certificates from Sound Waves in Memphis for all your car audio needs. Additionally, we will be raffling a free Revo chip. For those that are not yet chipped, bring some cash to the meet and take your car to the next level!

We will have event shirts for sale the day of the event. Pricing is being worked out right now. We're also evaluating the idea of doing some shirt pre-sales and offering a few dollars off the shirt for that.

Unfortunately, no alcohol is allowed on the premises of the community college campus. An afterparty will present an opportunity to make up for lost brew consumption.

We hope you will come spend a weekend in Memphis with your closest 'dub buddies and meet many more at the same time!

WHO Dub nuts from all over the Southeast region
WHAT MidSouth VW Audi Meet
WHEN 10:00 AM until on June 10, 2006
WHERE Southwest TN Community College- Macon Campus
5983 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134
WHY Just another reason to further the illness we all know as a 'dub obsession.

Hotel information:

ExtendedStay Memphis Sycamore- approx. $59.99/ night
5885 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 38134

Super8 Memphis Macon Cove- approx $50.00/ night
6015 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134

Best Value Inn- approx $79.95/ night
1335 McRee
Memphis, TN 38134

Best Western Suites- approx. $81.00/ night
6045 Macon Cove
Memphis, TN 38134

Red Roof Inn Memphis East- approx. $49.50/ night
6055 Shelby Oaks Drive
Memphis, TN 38134

Microtel Inn and Suites- approx. $67.00/ night
2423 N. Germantown Parkway
Memphis, TN 38016

Plenty of other hotels are available. Those are simply a few that were chosen to be listed. No special rates have been arranged at any hotels.

Afterparty information:

The official Dubsüd afterparty will be held at a TBD time at Huey's in downtown Memphis. Huey's is located at the corner of Union and Second Streets. Huey's is an all-ages friendly establishment. However, it is within walking distance of Beale Street, so for those that are 21+ years of age, the location is convenient for you.

We hope to see you at the meet! It's sure to be a good time for all who attend. If there are any questions about details of the meet, feel free to e-mail brian@dubsud.com or wes@dubsud.com ! Additionally, you may PM BRM10984 on vwVortex for information.
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

:banghead: I cant go, even though I owe you a trip......not enough time to request off.

Hey Juan, is there still going to be that Fall show you go to??
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
bLac K aBriOleT89

Yep....don't have a day but always is end of sept. beginings of oct....your welcome anytime!

kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Dubsüd Hosts MidSouth VW Audi Meet- June 10, 2006

Post by kamzcab86 »

bLac K aBriOleT89 wrote:Unfortunately, no alcohol is allowed on the premises of the community college campus.
You know, Juan, you could pour that margarita into a Sprite bottle before going in and no one but you would know the difference... :wink: :twisted: :P :mrgreen:
theonlychuck

Post by theonlychuck »

i'm partial to adding vodka to my bottled dr. pepper =] rum and coke works as well :lol:
-=(chuck)=-
bLac K aBriOleT89

Re: Dubsüd Hosts MidSouth VW Audi Meet- June 10, 2006

kamzcab86 wrote:
bLac K aBriOleT89 wrote:You know, Juan, you could pour that margarita into a Sprite bottle before going in and no one but you would know the difference... :wink: :twisted: :P :mrgreen:
Kammy, that's taken care of!!..... :lol: :wink: