New Owner....finally got one after all these years

Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Icky1.8T
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

New Owner....finally got one after all these years

Post by Icky1.8T »

:) Hey everyone ...Erick in Reno here. After many years and a very very close chance at a 82 Rabbit Convertible last year....I finally got a Cabriolet 8) . This is my first convertible and I cant put into words the feeling of being able to drop and go topless :P . Mine is a 1/87 Tornado Red with Black Top. It only had 162,351 original miles on it [already put almost 450 extra on it in one week :D ] It has A/C...P/S..and orginal Cruise Control. new clutch and rebuilt tranny. Interior is white with the Black Stripes [classy]. the car also came with a few goodies....A2 Throttle Body...dual downpipe.. Audi 4000 cs quattro Ronal Rims and best of all... H&R coilvers :shock: and this isnt a typo...I got for it $600 :thumbup: drives like a dream. I'd like to thank and acknowledge Kammy for her insights and knowledge and to Christine and Calimus for putting this site together and keeping Topless love alive....and yeah yeah...bring on the "worthless without pics" smilies :P I'll be getting the pics up pretty quick here....
87 Cabriolet
Im Cabby Happy!
Founder of RenoAutoWerks
82 4 Door Rabbit L ....in progress
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Welcome to the TRF, I know that cabbyhood is the first step into admitting that you are an addict. Welcome to the only other legal addiction...
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
tolusina

Post by tolusina »

1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

welcome to TRF..... lets see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Icky, great to hear you finally nailed one down. If Kuklaki doesn't already know, I'm sure she'll be thrilled to find out. Welcome to the club.

Oh yea, you gotta have PICS mang :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by kuklaki »

Congrats on the new purchase, now that you have a Rabbit and a Fox in the same garage :wink: Oh, and where are the pics already???

edit: :shock: :shock: :shock: $600?!?!?! I just caught that part!! Someone was smiling down on you 8) Niiiice.
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
Icky1.8T

Post by Icky1.8T »

kuklaki wrote:Congrats on the new purchase, now that you have a Rabbit and a Fox in the same garage :wink: Oh, and where are the pics already???

edit: :shock: :shock: :shock: $600?!?!?! I just caught that part!! Someone was smiling down on you 8) Niiiice.
:lol: :lol: ...yep only $600...I do feel very blessed and fortunate to one of the guys in my group who wanted to see it go to a good home and who took care of it before me. Sadly Otto the Fox is leaving.....he's going to one of the guys in the group who wants a VW to rep instead of his Focus :roll: . and to you and Ron about the pics = :P :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and to everyone thank you for the warm welcome! had a awesome day top down rolling on the freeway and all over the place.
87 Cabriolet
Im Cabby Happy!
Founder of RenoAutoWerks
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Hi Icky, Welcome to TRF.

'87 is a good year for these cars (can you guess that mine is an '87?).

It's better to join late than never. Hell it took me 17 years to get a set of rims for it. :D
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Icky1.8T

Post by Icky1.8T »

:) Thanks ....I am feeling very welcome here. and yeah better late than never is correct. this has been my feeling on missing out on Convertible fun--> :? but now its ---> :D yeah 87 was a good year indeed....oh you were talking bout the Cabby :P .... last year before Clippers ..have to admit Im liking it better...looks cleaner IMHO. 17yrs for rims :?: :!: either they were hiding from you or you just let them age until the right time to get them :lol: ....
87 Cabriolet
Im Cabby Happy!
Founder of RenoAutoWerks
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Icky1.8T wrote::) :D yeah 87 was a good year indeed....oh you were talking bout the Cabby :P .... last year before Clippers ..have to admit Im liking it better...looks cleaner IMHO. 17yrs for rims :?: :!: either they were hiding from you or you just let them age until the right time to get them :lol: ....
Yea I am talking about the car. I am the first owner and took delivery on the first day the '87 was available.

17 years is too long. I should have got to it sooner. Now I got two sets of wheels for it (one can never have enough wheels).
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Icky1.8T

Post by Icky1.8T »

8) sweet..the first owner!! very rare to see that anymore for any old VW. Im the 3rd [fairly certain] until yesterday I had 3 sets of rims just for my Bunny and Cabby :lol: now Im down to just what is on the cars..which is good by me. I dont think its sad that its been 17yrs since new rims. mind posting a pic of your Cabby so I can see? and yeah Im working getting some for me by tommorrow :roll: :P
87 Cabriolet
Im Cabby Happy!
Founder of RenoAutoWerks
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Icky1.8T wrote:8) sweet..the first owner!! very rare to see that anymore for any old VW. Im the 3rd [fairly certain] until yesterday I had 3 sets of rims just for my Bunny and Cabby :lol: now Im down to just what is on the cars..which is good by me. I dont think its sad that its been 17yrs since new rims. mind posting a pic of your Cabby so I can see? and yeah Im working getting some for me by tommorrow :roll: :P
Here is a thread I started with a lot of TRF member cars viewtopic.php?t=1231.

Mine's the first one.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

I dont think its sad that its been 17yrs since new rims
OOPs I meant to say I waited 17 years to get a set of rims.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image