Jetta Update

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Re: Jetta Update

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

it is safe to say that the car will be driveable this weekend, im doing the welding tomorrow, and picking up my battery and battery cables...then its just a matter of installing them and turning the key (with fingers crossed of course)
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

welding is done, didnt have a chance to get the battery or cables...just checked my tracking number...lower control arms wont be here till monday :banghead:
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

control arms are in, axles are in, tie rods in, sway bar is in....all that is left is putting the dash together and hooking up the battery...
i tried putting the dash together but couldnt find any of the screws, im gonna tear the garage apart and see if i can find them, if not i'll be going to autozone or something to get some.

this bitch should run this weekend...if all goes well i'll be smogging it friday
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

SoCal_Cabby wrote:control arms are in, axles are in, tie rods in, sway bar is in....all that is left is putting the dash together and hooking up the battery...
i tried putting the dash together but couldnt find any of the screws, im gonna tear the garage apart and see if i can find them, if not i'll be going to autozone or something to get some.

this bitch should run this weekend...if all goes well i'll be smogging it friday
After 21 pages of notes getting to the end of the novel is mmmmmmm a waiting moment. Kinda like me and the crank bolt from hell.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

Briano1234 wrote:
SoCal_Cabby wrote:control arms are in, axles are in, tie rods in, sway bar is in....all that is left is putting the dash together and hooking up the battery...

After 21 pages of notes getting to the end of the novel is mmmmmmm a waiting moment. Kinda like me and the crank bolt from hell.
4 years in the making...lol, i think i have the record for the longest thread on the site :)
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

BTW the dash is in and complete now its just a matter of getting the battery installed, putting coolant in and crossing my fingers
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

forgot to cross my fingers....
put the battery in, turn the key, dash lights come on, but the fuel pump doesnt, turn to engage the starter and nothing happens.
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

im begininng to think its a relay problem, cause my fuel pump miraculously started working tonight after i got home from work....but still no cranking to be heard....i wonder how much it will be to replace every relay....lol
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by sixsracing »

Probably won''t have to do that, but if you want to then post the numbers up, probably have most of them here, save you a bunch of $. I save them out of every car I scrap. Did you test to see if you have power to the starter at all? Things get missed sometimes when everything has been apart for so long. Ignition swithes are an extremely common problem with these vehicles too. Would give both symptoms and can come and go.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

sixsracing wrote:Probably won''t have to do that, but if you want to then post the numbers up, probably have most of them here, save you a bunch of $. I save them out of every car I scrap. Did you test to see if you have power to the starter at all? Things get missed sometimes when everything has been apart for so long. Ignition swithes are an extremely common problem with these vehicles too. Would give both symptoms and can come and go.
i dont thing the ignition wire for the starter is getting power, cause i can jump the starter and it spins, but does nothing when i turn the key... and i thought about the ignition switch being bad as well which a very good possibility, as the car sat outside with no glass and doors for at least a year in WA while it was at the paint shop
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

and the problem was...........

the seat belt harness was unplugged
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

I'd a done thunked that you would of jumpered that damyam relay by now. That is one of the first things I did in my 81 Diesel :D :D :D :D :D :D
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

Briano1234 wrote:I'd a done thunked that you would of jumpered that damyam relay by now. That is one of the first things I did in my 81 Diesel :D :D :D :D :D :D
it is now :)

i am having a problem with the brand spanking new starter though. i disconnected the coil and removed the spark plugs to pre spin the motor so the oil pump could do its thing, and this starter isnt strong enough to crank the motor....im thinking i have a poor ground
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

crankin like a champ now...it was a bad ground.

still cant get it to fire though, but i did give it a bath:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

You can almost taste it can't ya......uh huh....
Briano