2002 Tail Lights

Post electrical issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

vwcabrio

2002 Tail Lights

Post by vwcabrio »

I've been noticing some consendation in my rear driver's side tail light assembly after heavy rain.

Is this a common problem? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
owner of a 2002 Cabrio GLS since 6/2002
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

While I don't have access to a new modle cabby, I would have a good look at the lenses and make sure there arn't any small cracks in the tail light. If there arn't any, see if the bolts that hold the lense in place are loose or can mabe take just a tiny ammount of tightening. If all that checks out alright, I would look at the seals on the lense itself that connects to the body and the seals around where the lights pass through into the lense housing.

I know it's not the best info, but I hope that helps. If all else fails with it being a 2002, take it back to the dealer and ask them why this is happening on a brand new car as it shouldn't be happening at all.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
vwcabrio

Post by vwcabrio »

Thanks. I'll look to see if it needs tightening. I do not believe that there are any cracks.

I'm already losesing confidence in my dealer - the warranty booklet was missing at delivery, and they *still* haven't received a replacement copy to send me. I'm not sure I want to give them a chance to make things worse....
owner of a 2002 Cabrio GLS since 6/2002
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Well if the dealer doesn't want to play fair, ask them for the corporate office numbers and that should send the tone of (your not playing) to them that they can understand. All though, try the Mr/Mrs nice person routine first or find another VW dealer to take it to and explain your case.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C