WTF

Did you see something that was supposed to be a car at one time and now looks like the frankenstein monster? If so take some pics of that fugly thing and post them here. This also goes for any other "rice" you may find littering the streets or shows.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

WTF

Post by Briano1234 »

Kids stuck on school buses and schools because they didn't let out in time.
8 hour commute from work to home.

I REALLY REALLY HATE SNOW.

Oh, and we were to take my Grand Niece and Nephew back to Montgromery Today....... NOTTTTTT TILL FRIDAY.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: WTF

Post by Calimus »

You don't have to tell me Brian. It took me 16 hours to get home Tuesday. 15 if you exclude the hour break I gave the car. Left the bottom of Piedmont Rd at 1pm, got home at 6am. I even managed to rescue my co-worker who's A4 developed a fueling problem around Akers Mill. He lives just north of me in Adairsville, so we got to my house at 6am, and then I got him to his house by 2:30p after a few hours sleep and some food/coffee that didn't come from a gas station.

I have to admit, the TDI + DSG is absolutely great for the ice that we got. Low RPM's mixed with what I can only saw is a very well made transmission allowed me to clime ice covered hills on Hwy41 that everyone else was sliding backwards on. Also helps that I'm not a moron and understand how my car works. Was a hell of a night and I only hope that next Fridays forecast of more of this crap is way wrong.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

I woke up @ 12:00pm Tuesday, and had to run to the store for Coke, and ciggies as well as meds. I was on PIB and saw something I hadn't seen in years. Snow buildup on wheel arches of cars. The roads were fairly good then, but traffic was horrendous.

I saw that the slush between the lanes was freezing solid and it wasn't going to be pretty...
I got home and there were no tire tracks on my Driveway, they were already covered up.

My son left Woodstock at 10:30 am and got home at 12 noon, but my son in law left the same place at 12:00 and didn't get home till 6.

My Daughter left Dish and made it to her APT in about 1.5 hours, she lives 3 miles away.

I HAD A HELL OF A COMMUTE Tuesday night, almost collided with my Grand Niece on the stairs as I was trying to get to my laptop to Work from home. :)

I got my Driveway cleaned off Wed afternoon using a garden rake and a leaf blower with my sand/salt mixture that I hadn't used in 2 years....

So we got caught with our pants down on a storm that hit on a weekday, in reality we had need lucky in the past as it hit on a Friday or during the weekend.

After working in snow for 6 years, and being in the Arctic/Antarctic for about a year, I really really really hate snow.......... :)

been there done that...
My home away from home in 79.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

I'm glad you made it home safe William.
Welcome to my world. :D

Now if we could get some warm weather here, and melt that mountain of snow off my front lawn.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987