Bug-A-Paluza 13

Have a show or other VW related event, Announce it here.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bLac K aBriOleT89
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Bug-A-Paluza 13

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

Ready to hit the road now.... See y'all later!
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

We should be heading out in a 30min or so.

Brian, I don't even want to know how you folded you kids up and got all that in the car, lol. Creative packing indeed.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Hey folks, have a good time. I wish I was going too!

It is a little on the far side from here.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

It's a blast meeting all my old and new friends, and watching Camp Swampy, Bitter Cold and over cast was the key words of yesterday, and no I am not talking about my wife.

Big KUDO's and a tip of me hat to William for last nights "AWE how Sweet" moment. Willim again proves how kind natured and sweet he really really is..........

The event seems to be growing every other year that I can attend, however there was a distinct lack of water cooled cars this year well yesterday at least. There are about 5 or 6 cabbies in the show, so it is a winner on that front, and I have had many offers to come install some "tops".

I would post the pics, or Camp swampy, and such, but I left my cable in the car.... and I am to lazy to go fetch it.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Here are a few of my fellow trf'ers, and their rides

There there is Camp Swampy

Yeah I got Second.... Totally surprized

Nick got 3rd in the Sand Rail...

Congrad's all shower's of the TRF
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Congrats to Brian and Nick.

Had a blast and I'll say more later, but just got home. The Audi must have been jealous of all the nice VW's up there, because she ate her fuel pump on the way home. Only 30 miles from home at that. So a flat bed got her the rest of the way and now the search is on. Look for a new lesson in how to swear at your car coming very soon.

Oh, and a big thanks to Nick as the Audi actually started her fit right when we went to leave. No fuel pressure, not sure which one of us held our mouth just right, but on a random attempt she started and well, you already read the end result.

I'll give my full report later, just wanted to say congratz, thanks and Damnit all real quick. I need a friggen shower! :banghead:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

First off congrats to Brian and Nick on the awards. Brian it was great to meet you and thanks for all the advice. William it was good to see you again. Sorey to hear about the fuel pump issue with the Audi. My wife told me after the show that BAP always brings out problems with our Cabby. Last year just before the show we had fuel pump issues and this year we had to go to 2 different parts stores to get a cap and rotor. Any way we all had fun this year and the weather Sun made it worth while
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
vw_nick

Post by vw_nick »

yeah, so it was a nice weekend... well, it was great company all weekend and Sunday was nice. Friday and Saturday, not so much. Good to hang with the crew again... glad William at least made it most of the way home. I got in around 8:00 and had everything unpacked (not put away) showered and in bed by 11. Lizzie was upset that she didn't get to go camping but I softened her up with a ride off the trailer and then up and down the street in the buggy (which makes her giggle, a lot) So... yeah, without good company the weekend would have approached a total loss.
Nick
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Calimus wrote:Congrats to Brian and Nick.

The Audi must have been jealous of all the nice VW's up there, because she ate her fuel pump on the way home.
Only 30 miles from home at that.
I jinxed ya, as I said have a good ride....................Sheeeee it.......

That is okay as we got home I was starting to unload the car and Terri Screamed the Scream of "there is a mouse running over my toe" "blood curdling Banshee wailing volume" I stopped unloading the car and ran in ...She left here pillow at the motel with a good pillowcase on it..... Could of killed her, pop nitro sit down............
Briano

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Well it sounds like all you folks had fun.

Congrats on the awards Brian and Nick.

Now if the weather here would just settle down, I could get my two out of the garage and do some serious crusin'.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
bLac K aBriOleT89

Post by bLac K aBriOleT89 »

Briano1234 wrote:
Calimus wrote:Congrats to Brian and Nick.

The Audi must have been jealous of all the nice VW's up there, because she ate her fuel pump on the way home.
Only 30 miles from home at that.
I jinxed ya, as I said have a good ride....................Sheeeee it.......

That is okay as we got home I was starting to unload the car and Terri Screamed the Scream of "there is a mouse running over my toe" "blood curdling Banshee wailing volume" I stopped unloading the car and ran in ...She left here pillow at the motel with a good pillowcase on it..... Could of killed her, pop nitro sit down............
It was nice to see everyone again. After the "wild stormy night" on Friday, everything started to get better. Got home at about 10pm, made it in 7 hours taking it easy, we even stopped at a Chine Buffet in Nashville for dinner!
The X3 still loaded....the cabby is going to be this week's commuter to work, so doesn't feel neglected...

Will, sorry to hear about the pump, is it only one? hopefully is not too hard to replace.
Nick, Thanks for letting me drive the buggy, I had to contain myself not to start doing donuts on the mud...(say bye to the girls for me since I forgot to do it yesterday....)
Brian/Terry, it's always nice to be around you two and hear all of Brian's stories....that I think he could keep talking non-stop 24/7! :) (Brian, you're hilarious)
Eric, it was nice to meet you and say "hola" to your wife for me. Nice job with the Cabby, keep it up!
1989 Graphite Black Metallic Cabriolet

2005 BMW X3 3.0i - Sapphire Black Metallic

2002 BMW M3 - Steel Gray-Coupe, 6 sp
ammoz

Post by ammoz »

Well, I can tell you and I'm upset that I didn't get to meet any of y'all. :cry: Congrats to the winners. But Briano if you got 2nd, who got first? Maybe next year...
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Who got first? Cristine's/Nick's old cabby which I beat out for Second 2 years ago.

:)

Now that I am feeling 100 percent better (Miracles of Modern Medicine) maybe I stand a chance next year.... :)

Briano 5 HA 0
Briano