Christmas spotting!

Did you spot a topless rabbit today? If so post info here and maybe the owner will see it

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Christmas spotting!

Post by kamzcab86 »

So, I was bummed out 'cuz my uncle screwed up the family Christmas plans... had to stay in Prescott, AZ an extra day (had leftovers for dinner rather than my famous pot roast :roll: ). On Christmas Day (I think it was) I decided to download some stuff and peruse the forums. Over on Vortex, I had a PM from the 23rd from our own "VWTales", saying that he was in Prescott(!!) and came across an '86 for sale for $800. I replied asking where he saw it. Thinking I wouldn't hear from him in time, being Christmas and all, I thought I'd take a chance and hit Craigslist. There was an '86 listed for $800, but no pics. On the 24th, Mom came home from touring the uncle and his girlfriend around saying she saw a "bronze-colored" Cabriolet on the way home. On the 25th, Mom took the family on another city tour while Dad and I went Jeeping, making a stop at the Cabriolet. One look at the for sale sign led to one major coincidence: It was the same car as in the Craigslist ad and the same car VWTales PM'd me about!! :o And this car is about 3 miles from my parents house! :shock: Paint was shot, one wheel was a steelie, the side trim had seen better days, the top was relatively new but filthy and poorly fitting up front, the interior was white vinyl (not original), the radio and switches were missing, the locks didn't work, the tags expired in '05, needed some mechanical repairs (according to the ad), but overall it's a good resto car (straight body, no rust)... most importantly, however, is the fact that the car is really an '81 (how the owner screwed that one up :screwy: ):

Image :mrgreen:
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Christmas spotting!

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Kammy, does this mean the Princess may have a new garage mate?
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Re: Christmas spotting!

Post by kamzcab86 »

Ha! She may someday, but it won't be that one (don't have the time these days to devote to a resto project). Turns out, VWTales' brother bought it. 8)