Price Check

Talk about the website here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Tuneses
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Price Check

Post by Tuneses »

It's a sad day for me. I've decided to sell my love, my rabbit. Long story short I need something a little more reliable so i'm purchasing a more recent VW. I wanted to get opinions here on what a fair price would be to ask for it. In the last year i've given it new paint job, clutch, wheels, tires, brakes, brake calipers, front wheel bearings, drive shafts, top, door handles and various other little knick knacks. The engine is orignal but in great condition. Below is a picture of her now. Any opnions are welcome.

Tuneses The Driving Cat
82 Topless Rabbit
02 Beetle Turbo S
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Re: Price Check

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

the market is extremely different in every area.

looks pretty damn clean. if it was mine i'd expect 3,000 minimum if i was selling.

and you say you need something more reliable? looks like you took care of most issues, whats making it unreliable?

and remember buying someone elses VW is the same as buying their headache, there is usually a reason they get rid of them for something different
Tuneses

Post by Tuneses »

If it's not a wiper, it's the antenna, its always something. As little as it may seem I almost got into a huge accident when my wipers stopped on me last week. I'm entertaining the idea of buying a 2002 VW Beetle Turbo. I'm trying to sell it in Texas but i'm moving to Seattle in december. If i wasnt moving around so much in the next year and had room to work on it then I would keep it. But i'm just starting my military career and it's got me moving all over.
Tuneses The Driving Cat
82 Topless Rabbit
02 Beetle Turbo S
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

you will ...or should get more for it in Texas...Cabbys go for pretty cheap up here (im 20 miles south of Seattle)
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

That is sad news that you want to sell your car.

You have done a wonderful job with it.

I know what you mean about moving in the military.

I assume that you are still in the training phase of your carreer. If the US Army is anything like the CF you will find things become more perminant in about a year, when you are posted to a unit. (nothing in the military is perminant).

As far as finding the best place to get a price for your car, look at Craig's list for the area where you are and the area you will be going to.

Then you can compare.

One word to note. Most people that I know that have owned cabby's have regretted selling them. At least that is the story they tell me.

Good luck with the sale.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image