Cleaning your yellowed lights

Have you done so much to the car today that it just doesn't fit into one section, or are you too damn lazy to split it all up? Either way, this is the section for you.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Cleaning your yellowed lights

Post by Briano1234 »

I posted earlier how I clean yellowed headlights but as I didn't have a camera I didn't have pics.

But today I was asked to clean a friends headlights so I snapped the before and after...

Before... opaque to say the least:

After sanding with 600 grit and lots of water.. as you sand you will hear the change in the sanding.

I then followed up with 1200 and lots of water...

I then used my buffer and Brasso Brass polish.... then buffed with a cloth to a luster:

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

I had to do the same basic thing with our jetta. I used 600, then 1500 and finished off with 2000 grit. Then used some Plastix polish that is made for polycarbonate (what most current lenses are made of) and after lots of elboe grease, they turned out almost perfect.

I also did a write up and posted it to the Tex, if I can find it again, I'll post a link.

I never thought of using brass-o, I might have to givet hat a shot as I'd imagine it has more agrigate in it then the plastix stuff and might give a better end result.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C