New Body mods are finished...

Self explanitory, if you did a cool mod to the body to help performance, talk about it here and post some pictures too.

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

holy crap, sorry to see such a nice little bunny get a booboo. it looks to be fixable, what has the body shops said?
lowredcabrio
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by lowredcabrio »

this beautiful cab deserves to see at least another 20 summers of sun filled fun. 8)
Best of luck!
Lukai
check out my cabby here
|c|a|b|b|y| My Anti-Drug
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

^^^Agree'd. That is unless you can find a cab that you like thats in near mint condition.

Glad to hear things are starting to loo up Brian. As always, the offer still stand for any Bits, bobs, hands or moral support. Well, I guess your getting doses of that last one there, but you know what I mean.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

yeah man, if you need any parts let me know, i have this 82 vert here that still has a lot of parts on it. hell, i could go out and cut that whole rear quarter off and ship it out for ya! :D
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

1lowcab wrote:yeah man, if you need any parts let me know, i have this 82 vert here that still has a lot of parts on it. hell, i could go out and cut that whole rear quarter off and ship it out for ya! :D

Thqanksfor the offer, but I have a source, and Ihav tocheck out another...Iam going to go with the better of the two. Once I can get progressive3 to crap a check.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

It seam, that after taking a few days off Progressive now has renigged on the 4300 and are offering 2500....for a base car, seems like I have to prove that I have made the mods to my car....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I'd say it's time to talk to your own insurance company and see whats up. We got more then that for Cristine's first cabby and that was no where near as nice as yours.

Progressive is known for screwing folks over. Talk to your agent and see what they are willing to do for you in this case. You shouldn't have to prove anything. Their client hit you, end of story.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Based on the numbers that you provided for the repair ($575 for the clip and $2,000 for the body work) They don't want the hassel of doing what is right.

You have proven that your car was worth more prior to the accident, they seem to be out of whack!

Stick to your guns!

Save the Bunny!
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
lowredcabrio

Post by lowredcabrio »

relentless, RELENTLESS Brian! dont settle for anyless than you or you cabby deserves! Avenge her pain! (sorry just assuming it's a girl like mine :) )
Tell them this was a classic car that would never sell asides from maybe a the barret jackson auction for the ripe price to the tune of $1,000,000. :)
Lukai
check out my cabby here
|c|a|b|b|y| My Anti-Drug
lowredcabrio

Post by lowredcabrio »

;)
Lukai
check out my cabby here
|c|a|b|b|y| My Anti-Drug
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

lowredcabrio wrote:relentless, RELENTLESS Brian! dont settle for anyless than you or you cabby deserves! Avenge her pain! (sorry just assuming it's a girl like mine :) )
Tell them this was a classic car that would never sell asides from maybe a the barret jackson auction for the ripe price to the tune of $1,000,000. :)

Well Here it is They are offering me 3300 for repairs my choice of shops, and clean title.

Or

4000 for a total. I can buy it back for 1000..but Salvage title.

Decisions descsions decisions.....damn...
Briano

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Briano1234 wrote: Well Here it is They are offering me 3300 for repairs my choice of shops, and clean title.

Or

4000 for a total. I can buy it back for 1000..but Salvage title. [/color]

Decisions descsions decisions.....damn...
Sounds to me like the first is the better choice. First it provides a clean title, Second it wooks out to $300 more than you get in the write off scenerio.

It is your choice of shops and you have already sourced the replacment clip.

When it is all done and the car is like new, get it appraised. That way if this happens again, You have proof of the value of the Cabby.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

well, personally i think the buy-back price is too high, we bought Cristines 89' back for $350 - $500. I know it wasn't more then $500 though.

However, you now have the tough call to make and I don't know that anyone can make that call but you. You are the only one of us that has actually "seen" all the damage up close and I think most of us arn't good enough "body" men to help you with that call either. I think CalAlta might be well enough versed, but I know I sure as hell am not.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

Calimus wrote:well, personally i think the buy-back price is too high, we bought Cristines 89' back for $350 - $500. I know it wasn't more then $500 though.

However, you now have the tough call to make and I don't know that anyone can make that call but you. You are the only one of us that has actually "seen" all the damage up close and I think most of us arn't good enough "body" men to help you with that call either. I think CalAlta might be well enough versed, but I know I sure as hell am not.

I hav eseen the damage, and if I bought a mig welder I might have a go at it.

I may do the buy back and strip and sell then buy a new cabby.... need a 90 Digifart with 108k on it, runs good... Slick50'ed William, that may just resolve your CIS woes...????? will sell cheap after I get a line on a 91 tripple black in miami....
Briano

Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

I think that damn blue cabby is cursed. My luck I'd fart up the conversion to digi and the car would sit for another 2 years. God, I hate that car.

I dunno brian, if it comes down to it, we'll have to see. The car budget this year isn't so good since we are trying to get some things done to the house. However, ya never know what might happen.

I will say this though. If you do go to tear it down and ya need a hand, let me know. I'll be happy to come out and help if our schedules are compatable. All it would cost ya is access to your water hose when I get thirsty, that way I don't get your glasses/cups all dirty.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C