Another Brake ?

Post suspension issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Wow, what a lot of work your looking at doing. To your benifit, you don't have the engine in the car which will make life much easier for you. Thoug at this point I wonder if I could have found you a set of rocco calipers, carriers and disks. I'm still really interested in seeing how this works out so please do update when you can.

Having the kids home can definitly detract from tinker time. Thats why we sent ours to Montana to visit her grandfather. :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

not to put a burst in your bubble, just some warning. when you get the fenders back on, take alot of care in lowering it off the cakstands, cause if memory serves me correct the MkII suspension is alot wider in the front, so to save you some fender damage, make sure you keep an eye on the clearance when you are lowering it.
kda339
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by kda339 »

Thanks for the info. I would really hate to wreck up my nice euro fenders on a stupid move like that.

As for the Rocco setup that would have been a cool choice, but that wasn't in the picture for me because I just didn't think about it. I'll keep it in mind if this set up won't work.
'87 Cab 2.0 16v
kda339

Post by kda339 »

Well it's been awhile since I posted info reguarding this swap. I have moved everything over now and the A2 Tie Rod will thread into the A1 rack looks like everything is going to work out after all. I'm still messing with getting the struts out of the A1 tubes and putting them into the A2 tubes. I'll post pic's as soon as I get it all completed with a right up.
'87 Cab 2.0 16v
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Sounds great Kda, can't wait. :D
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kda339

Post by kda339 »

SoCal_Cabby wrote:not to put a burst in your bubble, just some warning. when you get the fenders back on, take alot of care in lowering it off the cakstands, cause if memory serves me correct the MkII suspension is alot wider in the front, so to save you some fender damage, make sure you keep an eye on the clearance when you are lowering it.
I am looking more into that problem, but I am keeping the A1 control arms so it shouldn't push it out too much. Right? looking at the good book the spec of the tie rods are A1 14.2 in from the steering rack and on the A2 14.9 in. alomost an inch on either side.

Tell me I'm wrong but the only thing that I am seeing is the difference in the spindle on were the tie rods end bolts up other than that I'm not seeing too much variations. If you have some more info then LMK.

Thanks for the help
'87 Cab 2.0 16v