Lower front stress bar

Post suspension issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

B5Speedo
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Lower front stress bar

Post by B5Speedo »

Suggestions for a lower stress bar? I see Eurosport sells them. Any other recommendations?
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: Lower front stress bar

Post by Calimus »

Nuspeed also has one or you can use the "K" bar from a 16v Scirocco. The K-bar will require drilling and tapping for the additional 2 bolts it will need is memory serves. They are all good and work even better if you have the top stress bar as well.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
B5Speedo

Post by B5Speedo »

I believe that K bar is only for uppers. All lower stress bars I've seen, including Neuspeed are 2 point. Do you have a picture of the Scirocco "K" bar?

Calimus wrote:Nuspeed also has one or you can use the "K" bar from a 16v Scirocco. The K-bar will require drilling and tapping for the additional 2 bolts it will need is memory serves. They are all good and work even better if you have the top stress bar as well.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

The K-bar only came on the 16v Scirocco and is a lower. It has 4 mounting points which is why to put it on any of the 8v cars, you would need to drill & tap the two extra mounting points. If it stops raining around here, I'll get a pic for ya. :D

We have 2 16v Scirocco's along with the cabby, so I'm pretty well versed on this one. :thumbup:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
B5Speedo

Post by B5Speedo »

Calimus wrote:The K-bar only came on the 16v Scirocco and is a lower. It has 4 mounting points which is why to put it on any of the 8v cars, you would need to drill & tap the two extra mounting points. If it stops raining around here, I'll get a pic for ya. :D
Thanks