Lowering my Cabby

Post suspension issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

88CABBY
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Lowering my Cabby

Post by 88CABBY »

Hey guys i went to a local car show last sat and one of the door prices were a set of Eibach "the purple ones" lowerig springs which i won... my question is are they easy to isntall and can some of you post some pics of lowered cars...
thank you guys!!!
"Hey dude i have to say you are fast, im glad i sped up and passed you to check out your front tag on my rear view mirror"
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Lowering my Cabby

Post by Calimus »

The first questions, is are the springs the correct ones for your cabby? If so, they should be fine. I would guess that they are set to drop 1.5 inches in the front and 1.3 inches in the rear. Thats a pretty standard drop for A1's chasis. However, you would be better off to also replace the shocks and struts to a set that is designed for lowered applications. Stock shocks and struts can blow out when used with lowering springs.

Here is a pic for reference. Springs are from H&R. 1.5 front drop, 1.3 rear drop.

16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
88CABBY
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by 88CABBY »

yes they are for my Cabby the shop gave the door prize cupon for any eibach springs according to the car they had them, and they happend to have mine in stock so i lucked out. i will replace the shocks and struts as well. i was also checking out your cabby we have the same one...lol what color is that called?
"Hey dude i have to say you are fast, im glad i sped up and passed you to check out your front tag on my rear view mirror"
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Cool, then you should be all set to drop. Do yourself a favor, pick up new upper strut bearings and rear upper shock bushings. Never hurts to replace those any time you are going to be in there mucking around. :thumbup:

As for the cabby color, I believe it's called Saphire Blue Metalic. My wife would know better (Kuklaki) as it's her car. :P
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C