Driver door trim

Post body issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

buddy Schlep
What year is your cabby?: 1986
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Driver door trim

Post by buddy Schlep »

My (grandmother's) 1986 Cabby (white on white) is missing the chrome trim at the bottom of the driver door. My indie mechanic, who just completed a whole bunch of work on the car, tells me that VW no longer carries the trim, and he doesn't have a source for it. Does anyone know where I can find this trim? I have spent many hours this past week giving this beauty a thorough cleaning, inside and out, and so the trim is the last piece to fit into the puzzle. This car has only 86k original miles, and yes, was driven by a little old lady until she was 99.

Thanks.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Driver door trim

Post by Briano1234 »

Junk yards
Ebay
classifieds at the vwvortex
thesamba.com

Moogie on Ebay store Mk1 Autohaus may have it.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bbrown

Post by bbrown »

Briano1234 wrote:Junk yards
Ebay
classifieds at the vwvortex
thesamba.com

Moogie on Ebay store Mk1 Autohaus may have it.
+1 to all of that.

Moogie actually has it in stock. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Cabri ... ccessories
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
buddy Schlep

Post by buddy Schlep »

Yes, exactly what I need, at MK1 Autohaus. I've been searching all over for this. A thousand thanks!
bbrown

Post by bbrown »

buddy Schlep wrote:Yes, exactly what I need, at MK1 Autohaus. I've been searching all over for this. A thousand thanks!
No problem. You can show your thanks by posting some pictures of your car. :mrgreen:
~Buster

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
bbrown

Post by bbrown »

Just in case you are new to online forums here is how you post pictures:
To add pictures you first need to upload them to an image sharing website such as Photobucket (that is what I use, but just google free photo sharing if you want something else). Once the image has been successfully uploead you can do one of two things. First option right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location." Then come over here in the Reply section and select the IMG icon in the forum reply tool bar. It will add a these "Image

This pick is the easy way to use photobucket's IMG format

Hope this helps
~Buster

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
oshwass1969
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by oshwass1969 »

buddy Schlep wrote:My (grandmother's) 1986 Cabby (white on white) is missing the chrome trim at the bottom of the driver door. My indie mechanic, who just completed a whole bunch of work on the car, tells me that VW no longer carries the trim, and he doesn't have a source for it. Does anyone know where I can find this trim? I have spent many hours this past week giving this beauty a thorough cleaning, inside and out, and so the trim is the last piece to fit into the puzzle. This car has only 86k original miles, and yes, was driven by a little old lady until she was 99.

Thanks.
Have you tried Vintagerubber.com? they are a little pricey but they do cary those hard to find trimmings for the cabriolet, hope it helps. :D