When you don't have a garage...

Post body issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

AbbyCabby
What year is your cabby?: 0

When you don't have a garage...

Post by AbbyCabby »

Abby lives outside, the closest thing we have to covered parking is under a tree :( . We also have plenty of wacky weather in KS, from hail in the summer to frequent ice storms in the winter. Does anybody elso who parks their cab in the great outdoors have experience with car covers? I've got a cheap one, 25$ Autozone, but I've heard there are armored covers that can even repel hail :shock: . Anybody out there with one of those?
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

I've always been a proponent of car covers; both of my VWs have two covers each (all-weather and soft cloth). Get a good-quality cover and your car will thank you (always use it on a clean car). :D
Aaron
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Aaron »

kamzcab86 wrote:I've always been a proponent of car covers; both of my VWs have two covers each (all-weather and soft cloth). Get a good-quality cover and your car will thank you (always use it on a clean car). :D

I park my car under my apt complex for 20 extra a month. Between a pilen and wall, I hand picked the spot :D , literally. Thanks to Calimus and Kuklaki, I have a spot to do the usual oil change and VAG com. Good times!
"I am the first meal of William's Man Eating Rocco"
AbbyCabby

Post by AbbyCabby »

kamzcab86 wrote:I've always been a proponent of car covers; both of my VWs have two covers each (all-weather and soft cloth). Get a good-quality cover and your car will thank you (always use it on a clean car). :D
Kammy, what brand is your all-weather cover?
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Calimus »

Liz, There certainly are things such as armoured car covers. I'll see what I can find and either post here or I'll call Dan and give him a list.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Umm, you know, in all honesty, I bought that cover from Rocky Mountain Motorworks shortly before they went out of business and when it arrived I stuffed the cover into a duffel bag and haven't ever had the need to use it :oops: (life in AZ I guess :lol: ). However, because my Cab rarely sits out in inclement weather these days, my all-weather cover for it is a rather "cheap" one. I see your Cab is a '97? If so, I honestly would recommend the all-weather cover Volkswagen sells (if they have still sell covers for the Cabrio); I've got one for my Jetta and it's awesome (except in wind). It cost around $125-150, but it was worth it, in my opinion. If not, either way, http://www.autoanything.com sells all-weather covers (don't know if any of them "repel" hail).
AbbyCabby

Post by AbbyCabby »

This is the company that makes the "light-hail resistant" cover (Coverbond4). Jetta sat out in light hail once, so I don't know how important that quality is.

http://www.carcoversoutlets.com/index2a.php?id1=1214

I'll check out the VW all-weather cover too. Thanks for the tip! :)