Hitch-Receiver

Post body issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Old Screaming Eagle
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Hitch-Receiver

Post by Old Screaming Eagle »

Do any of you have a trailer hitch-receiver on their Cabby? I'm looking for a receiver for my 92 Cabby but so far have been unable to find one. I've seen the stationary hitch but I want a receiver so I can remove the ball when not in use.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Only time I've every seen one, it was a DIY setup. Sorry.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Old Screaming Eagle

I was afraid of that so I'll just have to design something myself. I designed one for the 56 ragtop that everyone loves. I had it on the car the year I showed the 56 at BAP and I bet I could have sold a hundred of them. Many who came by was asking about it. It works with two pins that goes thru the bumper brackets. In other words, pull two pins and its off. Works great, I pull a small motorcycle trailer with it.

Maybe one of these days I will have a way to show pictures on here. In the mean time, I'll be designing a receiver for the Cabbie.

Old Screaming Eagle
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Sounds like a nifty system. As far as pics, whats your trouble point? If it's needing a place to host the pics, just say so. I can hook you up easily.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Old Screaming Eagle

Trouble with photos, I don't have a scanner nor a digital camera. Don't know of any other way to post pictures without one of those two. Is there a way?

Old Screaming Eagle
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

No, I'm afraid that your a bit SOL on that one. Aside from having your photo development place make digital copies for ya (many places do offer that) but there isn't much sence in paying for it.

Digi-cams are getting pretty cheap for very good point & shoot models. Maybe in the near future you will be able to get one.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Old Screaming Eagle

Thanks for the advice but I had really rather spend my money on cars and car parts rather than cameras. It's not that I can't afford a camera, its I just never took interest in photography. Everytime I take a picture, I just waste film. Something about me and camera's that just don't jive.

Old Screaming Eagle
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Well, I'll make ya a deal then. This coming year at BAP, I or my wife will take all the digital photo's you want :D
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Old Screaming Eagle

Thanks, I appreciate that but I will probably bring a car to BAP to sell. If not, I just might drive my Cabbie up there. Thanks for the offer.

Old Screaming Eagle
olds72

Post by olds72 »

You could try using your cell phone if it has a camera and senit to your email. Thats how I do it. Works great! I posted a pic I took of a panel. :D
Eagle
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Re: Hitch-Receiver

Post by Eagle »

Never had the time to design and build a hitch so I purchased one the other day. It's a Curt and it's a stationary hitch which I did not want but thats all you can find. No receivers out there. I was told that they didn't make a receiver style for the Cabriolets.

Anyway, this works good and is handy for pulling my motorcycle trailer so I can tote chairs, coolers, EZ Up Sun Screen, etc. Pulls nicely.

Still one day hope to design a receiver type for the Bunny.

--------------------------

Screaming Eagle
gull

Post by gull »

There are receivers out there that just have a flat mounting plate on them. They're mostly intended for use with bike racks, not for actual trailer loads, but one might be a good starting point for building up a hitch.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
Eagle
What year is your cabby?: 1992

Post by Eagle »

The one I put on was just a flat mounting plate, just add a ball. Like I said, it pulls good but just a good thing to knock your shin off with. Sort of sticks out from the bumper. At least I finally have a way to pull the trailer.

Screaming Eagle