Top is Arching around doors.

Post body issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

rebelyell
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Top is Arching around doors.

Post by rebelyell »

Bought my 86 cabby in July. I've had a ton of work done to the motor/tranny/clutch and it runs sweet! Now, I'm tackling the other stuff. The top is shot. I have to replace it (or buy lots of 100 mile an hour tape...). I'm new to rag tops, so bear with me. The old top arches at the doors and leaks like Hell everywhere. I want to avoid this when I get a replacement. What causes it to arch?
Deo Vindice!
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Top is Arching around doors.

Post by Briano1234 »

rebelyell wrote:Bought my 86 cabby in July. I've had a ton of work done to the motor/tranny/clutch and it runs sweet! Now, I'm tackling the other stuff. The top is shot. I have to replace it (or buy lots of 100 mile an hour tape...). I'm new to rag tops, so bear with me. The old top arches at the doors and leaks like Hell everywhere. I want to avoid this when I get a replacement. What causes it to arch?
On the side of the top the tope itself has two metal cables that hold the material flat the arching indicates that the cables are probably broken, wich is the number one reason tops get cut at the first joint.

When you replace the top the side cables are usually included.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
rebelyell
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by rebelyell »

thanks!
Deo Vindice!