Post electrical issues and questions here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bmwvwguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Wiring question

Post by bmwvwguy »

91 cab (build date 10/90)

I have these 2 wires in my dash that I have no idea where they go. Black and brown in a 2 pin plug. Black is hot with the key on. Its the same size and shape as the heater control light. I have gone through the diagrams for said year MANY times and cant find anything. Any help on this would be awesome.
Attachments
20190725_151204.jpg
20190725_151201.jpg
bmwvwguy

Re: Wiring question

Post by bmwvwguy »

i found it was plugged into pin G02 on the fuse box. according to what i have read, it goes to the idle stabilization relay. but according to the diagram, it has ONE wire coming out to a single connector. doesn't say where it goes. and the ISV is soley controlled through the DIGI computer. so this one plug makes no sense. WTF mate??
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

From the connector and the location those I suspect are the wires out of the back of the Heater control panel RH side. But I thought those were brown and blue/gray. I don't remember a connector with Brown and black wires in it behind the dash in that location other than I said for the illumination of the control panel.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
bmwvwguy

Post by bmwvwguy »

I have the gray/blue right where it should be PLUS these. Hence why I asked. I will most likely pull said mini harness out as I do not see anything in the diagrams which match what I have.