Need help on transplant of a 16v

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

kda339
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by kda339 »

No problem I got the picture album going already was hoping to do a web page with my progress so everyone could see. should have that up and going soon. As for the 16v donor cars The Roc would be the best one, because it would be a direct swap. Everthing is in the right location. The 16v motor will work no matter what car your pulling it out of as long as you keep the mounts for your car so you could drop it right in. Then from there it all depends on how much time and $$$$$ you want to spend to make it work. I have everything do to my swap from the motor, tranny all the way down to the rear disc brakes. Now on making it work for me my challange was do I keep the CIS-e or keep the DIGI? I came to a decision to keep the DIGI and put a little twist into it so I could expand it later if I so choose. There are a few sensors that I have to keep and add to the 16v that it does not have now ie the temp sensor that the computer needs to know how hot the motor is very minor stuff. I promise I'll include a tech page on all the changes that I do to help peeps out when I put my web site together.

92 Cabbie going under the wrench for total upgrade.
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by sixsracing »

Excellent, can't wait. As for the Scirocco, I promise I'll find one that is too far gone to bring back, although I suppose I could always put my old Cabby parts back on it and re-sell it. Anybody be surprised to find an 8V Scirocco with rear drum brakes and 16V badges?
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

:shock:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kda339

Post by kda339 »

Just to give an update I'm still poking along and this project I changed my mind on the Fuel system. I am staying with the CIS-e setup, becasue I have all of the parts right now and my be later I'll changed over to the DIGI setup with the corrado ECU and all however I am trying to cut the unnessary spending just to get the car up and running. I haven't forgot about the web page I just haven't have that much time. I promise I'll get it up and running as quickly as I can so you all can see.
'87 Cab 2.0 16v
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

G60Cabby went did a G60 Swap in his car.. should send him PM.. pretty smart kid
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
kda339

Post by kda339 »

Thanks for the info. I have done that swap before into my Rocco and boy it was a fun ride. I'll hit'm up when I get closer to the finish.
'87 Cab 2.0 16v