Throttle body fun!

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

fuzzie

Throttle body fun!

Post by fuzzie »

Am going to pick up a A2 or 16V throttle body gasket if the dealer has one. Got a Audi 5000 throttle body to give my car a bit more pep.
Can't wait to get it in, hopefully with my procratination I'll have it done by the end of my 6 day work week.

Jeff
kuklaki
Admin Type Person
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Throttle body

Post by kuklaki »

Personally, I have not done any serious performance mods-I am curently putting a nice new top on my bunny, and that hass eaten into our fun money.
Owning three VW's is a very expensive occupation! But I would love to hear how it works for you-perhaps in the future I'll be able to do something similar.

Let us know how it works for you, or better yet, if you happen to take pics to accomodate a performance update, feel free to post them up here :)
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
fuzzie

Post by fuzzie »

I'll see if I can borrow a friends digital camera. Other wise I won't have any pics.....
1984 Rabbit Convertable named Be Be. Topless is the only way her be!
fuzzie

Post by fuzzie »

I've decided to postpone this. Going to fix my back up lights in the main time. Going this way so i can pick up an intake manifold from the junkers and polish it up nice and pretty like. This will also leave me with a stock intake, that hasn't been ground inside to match the new throttle body, that I can put back in if need be. I think it's a smart move on my part.

Jeff
Cabby89
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Post by Cabby89 »

Is the part on the tranny for the reverse lights broke? Because thats what I think are wrong with mine and I would also like to fix them.
fuzzie

Post by fuzzie »

yup, I'm sure that what it is....even though I still haven't fixed it :) procrastination :) I think I"ll even put off checking that spelling ;)
One thing to look for is if you upshift light isn't working properly. The back up lights and the upshift lights use the same switch on the tranny.

Jeff
SoCal_Cabby
Postus-Whorus-Maximus
What year is your cabby?: 0

Post by SoCal_Cabby »

make sure if you put that throttle body on you get a fuel enrichment module, otherwise you'll be running lean