frequency control valve buzzing

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

jimmy3fingers
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

frequency control valve buzzing

Post by jimmy3fingers »

....'89 cabby. The frequency contol valve on the side of the fuel distibutor ( fine tunes fuel pressure ) is loudly " buzzing " even with key OFF and not running. I understand it rec'vs it's signals from the jetronic contol unit (ecu) / & oxygen sensor. First replacement part will be o2sensor (?) then will think about ecu.? The " buzzing " is sporaqdic as if a loose/dirty connection, but still should not be active with key off. (?) cabby runs fine regardless. My question is: Is it ok to unplug the frequency control unit and run without it ? Probably should change 02 sensor anyway....! 180K........educated information please.....thanks everyone !! J3F
jimmy3fingers

frequency control valve

Post by jimmy3fingers »

HELP.....my daughters 89 cabby has a VERY loud buzzing frequency control valve. What/why is it doing this and what to do about it.? What does the very LOUD buzzing indicate ? What do we need to change out for proper operation. Car runs fine other than the LOUD buzz................thanks j3f
jimmy3fingers

Re: frequency controll valve buzzing--RESOLVED

Post by jimmy3fingers »

Turned out to be the lamda relay ( fuel injection power relay ) on fuse panel. changed that and took care of the loud buzzing and hard starting. This seems to be a faily common problem over time due to the fuse/relay panel getting wet from the cabbys' nortorious water leak issues.....................stay dry, stay thirsty my friends......j3f
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: frequency controll valve buzzing--RESOLVED

Post by Briano1234 »

jimmy3fingers wrote: This seems to be a faily common problem over time due to the fuse/relay panel getting wet from the cabbys' nortorious water leak issues.....................stay dry, stay thirsty my friends......j3f

Wrong, a well maintained and cared for Cabby don't leak.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy: