Idle Control Screw

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

JonnyHen
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Idle Control Screw

Post by JonnyHen »

Brian, thanks for the info about the high idle on the 92. I replaced all the vacuum lies like you said. When i got home last night, the car started spitting and sputtering, idle still surged, but dropped down to about 500 rpm and kept stalling out. was late and have no garage so didnt get to check the o-ring on the screw. managed to limp it to work this morning so i just looked at it about a half hour ago while at work. seems the screw fell out alltoger. if i put my finger over the hole where the screw was, car runs perfecely, however, as soon as i take my finger off, it dies. i have about a 45 mile commute home, and am having trouble keeping her running. is there some kind of temp fix i can use until i can get home and/or FLAPS? probably a better question would be is this something i could easily pick up at FLAPS or am i better off going to a pick and pull over the weekend and just limping it home like i did on the way in this morning?
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Idle Control Screw

Post by Briano1234 »

Find any screw to plug that hole, I am sorry that I don't know the mm or pitch. 067133432A is the p/n
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
JonnyHen
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Idle Control Screw

Post by JonnyHen »

sorry i didnt get back on here last night, dont have a computer at home, but wound up sticking a piece of the old vacuum hose in the hole where the screw went and plugged the open end of that with a regular screw. just a band-aid to get me home, but it worked well. scarily well actually, car idled right at 950 with no hunting. also ended up going back to the store where the car started running poorly, and sitting in the parking space i was parked in the night before was the idle control screw. replaced the o-ring, put it back in and was good to go! guess i got lucky there.