radiator hose

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

bfrey003
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

radiator hose

Post by bfrey003 »

Ok, either autozone is stupid or i am. I'm thinking me cause i really no nothing about cars so i'm learning on this one.

i went to azone a week ago cause i had a busted radiator hose and NEEDED a new on. go in tell them what i need (i even have the busted one in my hand). they bring me one that's the exact same shape, but like an inch shorter....i'm like WTF.

so i go back to my car and put it on but barely. i want to replace it again with a longer one so i feel it's more secure. the other auto stores around here seem to show the same thing on their websites.

here's what they gave me:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... 09_0_10495_

picture of random cabby engine bay for reference:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6246_n.jpg

the hose i replaced is the one next to the engine that goes from the top of the engine at the T-intersection straight down to a connection (below the alternator i think???)

I also replaced the top hose that goes from the T-intersection to the top of the radiator. That one is fine.

any help's appreciated!
ben
'91 Cabriolet Carat - stock (mostly)

Ben
bfrey003
What year is your cabby?: 1991
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: radiator hose

Post by bfrey003 »

also, secondary question. I've noticed autozone has like a flexable radiator hose. Is that useable or should i stay away...
'91 Cabriolet Carat - stock (mostly)

Ben
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

No sounds as if it was close but no cigar.

I have had good luck at getting hoses at napa.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

bfrey003 wrote:they bring me one that's the exact same shape, but like an inch shorter....i'm like WTF.
It happens. I bought a new lower radiator hose years ago and it was shorter by about 1/2"... that was enough to cause a leak at both ends. Bought another one from a different (online) supplier and the hose was the correct length... weird. :screwy: