Water Pump

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

Black93CAB
What year is your cabby?: 1993
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Water Pump

Post by Black93CAB »

Ok guys not only am i newbie to the Cabby world, i also am to the forums, so this is my first post, please be gentle. I have a 1993 Cabriolet collectors edition, that i picked up a few months ago and have done general maintenance to since picking it up such as alternator, fluid changes and so on. nothing that i haven't done before. but this morning i pulled up to work only to find an hour later that there was a puddle of antifreeze below my car and still steadily dripping. i believe it is from the water pump??? Is there any advice you guys can give me, im gonna try to replace it this weekend? I haven't been able to find any tutorials on cabby-info or VWVortex? Thanks in advance!
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Water Pump

Post by Briano1234 »

Are you sure it is the water pump and not the outlet flange? Whe the antifreeze is dripping is it from under neath the pump as in coming out he weep hole and off the pulley?

Or look at the t-stat cover (plastic) and the flange that the upper radiator hose goes in to (plastic) both are prone to breakage is the bolts are overly tightened and it will leak there.

The how I change my water pump is:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2178
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Black93CAB
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by Black93CAB »

Thanks!! I will try and take a pic or two as best and detailed as i can, and post them to see what you think...
IslandBoy71
What year is your cabby?: 1990

Post by IslandBoy71 »

The same thing happened to me not too long ago and as it turned out it was the plastic t-stat cover which had a crack on it.
--Be Good or Be Good At It--