Stuttering when warm

Post all your engine questions and issues here and get help from the members

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

gull
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Stuttering when warm

Post by gull »

What do you get when you close the full throttle switch? That should give you a fixed point of reference.
VW fan who fell to the Honda side of the force
84Raggit
What year is your cabby?: 1984

Post by 84Raggit »

Yeah. no change. I'm able to see the dwell number change when I alter the f/a mix, at the green wire on the coil, so far I'm running in a range from 22.5 to 25 at that point, but at the 2 prong test port, I always get 90 there, no matter what. I removed the plastic plug and went to simple wire lugs, but that made no difference.
rb0095
What year is your cabby?: 1980

Post by rb0095 »

84Raggit wrote:Yeah. no change. I'm able to see the dwell number change when I alter the f/a mix, at the green wire on the coil, so far I'm running in a range from 22.5 to 25 at that point, but at the 2 prong test port, I always get 90 there, no matter what. I removed the plastic plug and went to simple wire lugs, but that made no difference.
Have you figured anything out?

Reading your post I thought of an issue that I had on my car one day.

I had unplugged the "digital idle stabiliser" (i dont know if I spelled that right, I think thats what it's called...) thing when I was adjusting my idle ealier in the day and forgot to reconnect it. Then when I tried to adjust the fuel mixture my dvm wouldn't read right becuase without the digutal idle thing it's like the oxygen sensor isn't plugged in.