Love those new parts. Love that free shipping.

Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Love those new parts. Love that free shipping.

Post by Briano1234 »

Ordered a Victor-Reinz one piece rubberized metal re-enforced valve cover gasket. I was chomping at the bit to install it as my cork one decided to start leaking after 9 years.

Ordered it off of ebay.... yes it was the correct one.

Here is how it arrived in my mailbox.

Yes it was folded in half and placed in the mailer.

So I opened it.

I even tried to flatten it but there still was a kink, think it may leak if I use it? lolololololol

Well I called, rolled to VM, after 4 hours they never got back to me.
So I emailed them.

IN the itty-bitty fine print on ebay, it says you have to email them or call them prior to leaving negative feedback? WTF......
Oh wait..... So no negative feedback,,,,, but it doesn't mean I can't post it here. Sell was parts container, a 99.2 positive feedback on 300K shipped.

And to think I spose I could of driven 40 miles one way to get one unbent locally.....
Well I used to think highly of mail clerks... but oh well....

Thought that you all needed a good WTF OMG AYFKM laugh.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Love those new parts. Love that free shipping.

Post by Calimus »

Damn, just damn.

I actually tried putting one of those on crabby back in the day. I found that if there's a slight warp in the VC at all, it will leak like a mofo. So I went back to the cork and haven't looked back. Not all that modern is better. At least it wasn't for me.

Oh yea, and Ebay's new no negative feedback rules/system/whateverthehellitis really sucks. Not that I use E-bay a whole lot anymore, (ordered something last week and it was the first order in 3 years) but if you get bad product or service (or like in this case, some moron packing the items), you certainly should be able to let others know to expect moron packing problems.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C