Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Some Change at TRF-HQ

Post by Calimus »

Change has started in the TRF VW Fleet. Cristines 87' Scirocco went back to whom we bought it from 2 weeks ago. We know it will get awesome care there and we just don't have time for so many cars anymore. It was hard to watch it go.

Also, the 03' Beetle Turbo S saw the end of it's time here at TRF. It served Cristine well since 09', but started to suffer many of the MKIV issues such as interior falling apart, failing AC Compressor and some other HVAC related issues in the vents. So, with a fair amount of regret, we traded her in this past weekend and picked up something a little more befitting for the times.

2011 Audi A3 TDI

It's a pretty nice car and that now makes us a 2 TDI family. With my work commute around 110 miles a day and Cristines is about 50, this should cut down a fair bit on fuel usage/cost. We will be ordering parts for the crabby cabby soon and I'll be working to pull her out of mothballs as well as get my Scirocco back up and running and then put it up for sale.

So, that's whats been going on around here. Hoping to make some updates to the site software pretty soon and sharpen things up a bit around here. How's everyone else been?
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Re: Some Change at TRF-HQ

Post by Briano1234 »

Downsizing is always a good thing, and the reduces insurance is another.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Oddly enough, our insurance did go down just a tad. Plan on ordering some suspension bits for the cabby this week. Top ordering will happen soon as well.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Calimus wrote:2011 Audi A3 TDI

Nice! Saw the previous generation at an Audi dealer several years ago... and drooled as I walked by.

My own Mk4 Jetta is beginning to fall apart too... as much as I hate the thought ('cuz it's been dead reliable these past 15 years), if the cards align, I hope to trade it in :( for a GTI :D within the next year or two.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Yea, we hated letting go of the beetle. But now with 2 TDI's we don't worry about making any trips. Now we just have to get some time to work on the cabby. My supervisor should be back from a medical issue that started at the beginning of April which I hope means some weight off my shoulders.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C