Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

New Job

Post by Calimus »

So starts the second week of the new job. Still trying to get used to waking up at 5am, and not getting home till after 5pm. It's not too bad, but I figure it will take a few more weeks to fully fall into routine. Other than that, the job is good and should only get better.

Made a day trip on Saturday up to Bug-A-Palooza. Mainly went to see Nick since he took his rail-buggy to the show but was surprised to see several cabbies there. Some really nice one's at that. Moron that I am, I didn't take any pics :banghead: .

It did however get the urge up to want to tinker on our cabby. Going to see about making plans to gain access to a truck this coming weekend so that I can start hauling crap out of the garage and make some workable room. Going to be ordering some parts for Crabby as well as the Beetle since it seems to be wanting some more parts as well.

Other than that, things are going well. The TDI is making the daily 90 miles commute far more pleasant than it would have been with the manual trans in the Audi. Not to mention the far better fuel mileage. Can't complain a bit about that.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Re: New Job

Post by eric4321 »

Congrats on the new job. My family and I were at bap this year. Barley made it though. Wish I new you were coming up. Lots of mk1 Cabbies this year. Hope you and Brian can make it next year! If you need a hand wrenching or whatever please let me know.
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

eric4321 wrote:Congrats on the new job. My family and I were at bap this year. Barley made it though. Wish I new you were coming up. Lots of mk1 Cabbies this year. Hope you and Brian can make it next year! If you need a hand wrenching or whatever please let me know.
Ya never know..... LOL.... It was a nice weekend for it, although on Thursday it looked like a repeat of the Soaker a few years ago.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

It was still rather soggy up there, but they aren't letting anyone in the fenced in field anymore to save the grass. The entire show is on the parking lot and camping is now up near the front where the RV's and such are as there is a rather large field there as well. Makes for a bit of a haul on foot to get from the campsites to the show, but let's face it, we could all use the workout.

Eric - Sorry I didn't let anyone know, it was kind of last minute. I really wasn't sure how I was going to feel after my first week of getting my ass up at 5am and not getting home till after 5pm. Turns out, I'm dealing with it better than I thought. We just took the TDI up (didn't show anything) and just enjoyed the show as spectators. Definitely hoping to have Crabby up there next year.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
eric4321
What year is your cabby?: 1993

Post by eric4321 »

The trip was last minute for us as well. I had scheduled Wed and Thur to get ready for the show and Tuesday when I was fixing and installing the tranny in the Cabby the boss calls and asked me to work Thur. On Wednesday the car broke down on the north side of ATL. A wire on the fuel sending unit broke from me routing it wrong on the single pump conversion. Rigged it up to get home. On the way home from work Thursday the fuel hose on the sending unit burst. Fixed it on the side of I 85 to get home. That nite I completely redid the single pump conversion on another sending unit because I cut the pipe to short on the first one. Before we did the trip I joined AAA just in case I needed a tow. We had fun at the show though. I found a number of rare Cabby and Rabbit toys for my collection. Maybe next year we can have more TRF presence.
My Rabbit Rescue and Recovery Ranch
93 Cabriolet red. 5 speed
81 Rabbit 4 door auto bronze (project)
77 Rabbit 4 dr 4spd diesel
(Project next in line)
1987 Cabriolet parts car(may one day bring her back)
1993 Suburban green(used for Rabbit rescue)