Hi gang, long time no see (again)

Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

speedtek
What year is your cabby?: 1982

Hi gang, long time no see (again)

Post by speedtek »

Except for Kammy of course, I ran into her over on the samba a few times 8)

The funniest thing is my last (similar) post in this vein is still on this page a little further down......from two years ago :lol: :shock: ....I guess this particular forum doesn't move too fast........lol

What have I been up to? Well, as always, it involves cool VW's and Audi's :D
Had a couple UrS6's since Taz left the stable, a gorgeous 88 Westy that I just recently parted company with and my newest toy.... A 2004 Beetle Turbo S.....toys, toys, toys
Pics below (chronologically), but what's everyone been up too? I recognize a few names still :wink:

The latest

And of course, Taz (before we parted ways).....for those who forgot or never knew...... 8)
I just know shit..........
my (really) old cardomain
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Hi gang, long time no see (again)

Post by Calimus »

Aside from the bus, there's some freaky similarity's going on here.

The wife's tired blue 99' beetle started falling apart, so we picked her up a 03' Turbo S Beetle

Then, last September my Jetta GLX spontaneously combusted in my driveway. At the end of October, I picked up an 02' A6 2.7t 6MT

Of course, we still have Crabby

But she hasn't seen the road in about a year. Hoping to take care of all her problems over the winter and into spring so she can be enjoyed.

Always glad to see ya stop by and I have to say I'm a bit jealous of the UrS6's. I really wanted an S4 but just couldn't find one that wasn't beat into the ground at the time so I picked up the A6 since it had the same motor and is a bit more plush on the inside. I really like the car, but find that I drive like a grandpa most of the time and rarely give it the beans. It's just so relaxing to drive I forget it has all that power.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

Hey Calimus, nice to hear from ya....definitely some similar trends going on here...lol. I like the black Turbo S 8)
I could have bought Another UrS car, but I remembered why I sold mine after driving dad's around for a week or so.......that Inline 5 turbo has lots of power, but it's real thirsty..... :?
Can't complain about the mileage on the bug though, amazing how good they are given the performance level.....if I ever got another cabby it would have a 1.8t in it first mod......
Last edited by speedtek on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

speedtek wrote:Except for Kammy of course, I ran into her over on the samba a few times 8)
:mrgreen:

If wasn't for that photo of your Westy against Taz's background, I would've assumed someone else happened to have the same username. :lol:

What have I been up to? Let's see, where do I start? I was going to take the Westy up to Montana (I'd be on the road right now, in fact) but things happened: My ex-uncle was murdered in Florida by his no-good, self-righteous then-soon-to-be ex-girlfriend (I've spent a lot of hours researching other people involved to keep my cousin from getting screwed over -- long, long story), my mom nearly had the tip of her finger pulled off in a rope, my web site host will no longer be supporting FrontPage (actually a good thing, gave me the push I needed to finally convert to better software), so I've been sitting in front of a computer all day every day for nearing two weeks. :banghead: I did manage to get a short Westy camping trip in last week and won second place at a 90% American car show in the process. :thumbup:
speedtek

Post by speedtek »

kamzcab86 wrote:
speedtek wrote:Except for Kammy of course, I ran into her over on the samba a few times 8)
:mrgreen:

If wasn't for that photo of your Westy against Taz's background, I would've assumed someone else happened to have the same username. :lol:
you mean this one? :mrgreen:
kamzcab86 wrote: What have I been up to? Let's see, where do I start? I was going to take the Westy up to Montana (I'd be on the road right now, in fact) but things happened: My ex-uncle was murdered in Florida by his no-good, self-righteous then-soon-to-be ex-girlfriend (I've spent a lot of hours researching other people involved to keep my cousin from getting screwed over -- long, long story), my mom nearly had the tip of her finger pulled off in a rope, my web site host will no longer be supporting FrontPage (actually a good thing, gave me the push I needed to finally convert to better software), so I've been sitting in front of a computer all day every day for nearing two weeks. :banghead: I did manage to get a short Westy camping trip in last week and won second place at a 90% American car show in the process. :thumbup:
:shock:
Wow......not sure what to say about all that.....you have an intersting life to say the least. Sorry to hear about your uncle.....
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Geez Kamz, sorry to hear about all of that. Do let us know if there is anything we can do.

Speed - I don't know about that in line 5 (I haven't had a crack at one yet), but the bi-turbo 2.7 can drink with the best of them. Mine's chipped (as it the Turbo Beetle) and if I plant my foot, the speed-o goes one way and the fuel gauge goes the other, that's for sure. I do have the advantage of a 6th gear though, so I have seen as high as 28mpg on a highway run.

I so badly want to get the cabby out of the garage and let Kuk drive it, but we haven't had the funds to finish it up for a while now and the summer heat here has destroyed my wallet in the way of power bills. Almost $400 this month to keep my house at 80f. Such as life.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Hey Speed, great to hear from you. I thought you were going to Fahrfromhome in May, but I guess you didn't make it. Even though you parted with Taz, I still love your toy collection.

Kama, I'm sorry to hear life is screwed around. I hope it all works out for you.

Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to take some pictures of my two bunnies. The biggest problem is which one to drive :D
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image