Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Briano's Status.

Post by Briano1234 »

For those that were wondering about my comments here it goes.

Since about Christmas, I have been having health issues that were manifesting different symptoms.
In Feb, I visited my Cardiologist ran through some basic tests and was pronounced fine. I still had no "pep" and stayed in bed mostly unless needed and was continuing to have severe chest pains.

Well the week of the Bug-a-paluza it was down to a heart cath, and a looksee, but what with a tree having to be cut down, by Ga power, and a new roof installed on my porch and the car show I defered till last week.
(that is why I didn't do too much to the cabby, as I had to work on it, take a Nitro, rest a bit)...Same at the show, only at night was I having the real pains.

So Friday I was scheduled for the heart Cath, and all was going fine until I heard "Can you get Dr. Hessler to come here?".. after a couple of minutes, "Can you get Dr. Hessler here STAT....."

I said to my self this isn't a good thing?????? Needless to say, my Right Coronary Artery was 98 percent blocked. No Heart attack was found and I had 3 Stents placed in it. So I now have 5 stents.

I was released Saturday, and Re-admitted Sunday for Possible rejected Implant, and or blood clots... Had a slight issue with going numb on my left side....and more Pains.

After more testing, no blood clots were found, and that the pain is my body accepting the stretching of the aorta, some folks feel it, some don't...

Well, I have to take it very easy.... I can't lift anything over 20 lbs for the next 6 weeks, and am limited to about 8 lbs for the next 2. No driving for a couple of more days....

The Doctors can't figure out why I have never had a Heart attack or Died from the blockage, Terri is not feeling as Guilty as she was because I said I was not feeling well,,and she thought I was faking it.
No one knows why the 2 separate Nuclear Stress Tests showed no blockage... But ya know what.. I don't care...

But looking back, maybe I should of missed Bug-a-paluza this year... Na... all is well.

Terri is doing fine, I am tired (they don't let you rest in a Hospital...)... I am at home recovering....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: Briano's Status.

Post by Calimus »

Well, that explains why I got no answer on Sunday when I tried calling ya back. Was going to call Saturday but I got your message a bit late and figured you needed your rest.

Glad to hear your still doing well. I'll try and catch up with you later this week or weekend. Relax and make Terri take care of you.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
bbrown
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by bbrown »

I am so glad you didn't have a heart attack or a stroke. This kind of thing runs in my family so it hits kind of close to home. I am glad that things have been caught before it was too late and that you are home recovering. Get well soon and follow the doctor's orders. Remember that no one knows your body better than you do and when in doubt have a doctor check it out. :thumbup: :thumbup:
~Buster

1986 VW Cabriolet 1.8 5 spd.

~__|__\__
[(O)__(O)]
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

bbrown wrote:I am so glad you didn't have a heart attack or a stroke. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you, but alas I already had a stroke 13 years ago :) Like the last two cabbies, I blew a head gasket. :) it was on the left side of my brain, so I am alright now.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Gee Brian,

That is sad to hear.

Take care of yourself and get better.
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

CalAltaDubber wrote:Gee Brian,

That is sad to hear.

Thanks but I am all right now as the stroke was in the LH side of my brain, and I didn't use it that much... :) being that I am totally left handed......

Feeling better and stronger every day now, and I am changing my ways...... besides I have to change a Valve cover gasket out today..... so this is the first wrenching on a car that I have done in a while.. The smell of hot burnt oil and dirt under the finger nails is very appealing to me...."I love the smell of 90 weight in the morning" I think I will turn on some Wagner while wrenching. DUh Duh Duh Duh Duh.... DUh Duh Duh Duh Duh........
Briano

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Briano1234 wrote:
CalAltaDubber wrote:Gee Brian,

That is sad to hear.

Thanks but I am all right now as the stroke was in the LH side of my brain, and I didn't use it that much... :) being that I am totally left handed......

Feeling better and stronger every day now, and I am changing my ways...... besides I have to change a Valve cover gasket out today..... so this is the first wrenching on a car that I have done in a while.. The smell of hot burnt oil and dirt under the finger nails is very appealing to me...."I love the smell of 90 weight in the morning" I think I will turn on some Wagner while wrenching. DUh Duh Duh Duh Duh.... DUh Duh Duh Duh Duh........
Yup you are feeling better.

Happy wrenching!
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
GREENGOLF

Post by GREENGOLF »

It all comes down to YOU being your best advocate. I'm a newish RN, 21 months and I see it all the time. 5 years ago I was having dizzy spells to the point of not being able to walk on my own. I went for 5 MRI, MRA and CT scan and they showed zip. I kept pushing and never did figure out what was causing them. 3 of the myriad of docs I saw figured it was a viral inner ear infection. 10 weeks later they abated for the most part.
vw_nick

Post by vw_nick »

wow Brian... glad to see you are on your way to recovery. Probably used up quite a few get out of jail free cards walking around with such issues.
Nick
Hoppy
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by Hoppy »

It makes you realize just how precious life really is.
John

1950 Beetle
1955 Beetle
1982 Westy
1986 Cabriolet (Best Seller)