ship happens '07 accord

Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

vw_nick
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

ship happens '07 accord

Post by vw_nick »

secondary road on the way home... girl pulled out infront of me - she had checked left, then right, then pulled out, I was hidden by 2 cars parked on the side of the road when she had looked left... applied full horn and brakes... had probably scrubbed speed down to 15 or 20 when I hit the left front fender of her car - which is still driveable.

Looks like I need a new core support, radiator, hood, bumper, grill and lights. (Grill and light was still attached but I pulled them off for the ride home) - broke the upper neck of the radiator.. I was ready to drive it home otherwise. (had recycling in car so lots of jugs for water... but that wouldn't work out w/ the radiator neck broke off)

fender lines still ok, "collision accordion" areas look ok, lower valance looks ok.

I seem to be ok except my ankle is sore from mashing on the brake pedal when we hit. Probably be real sore tomorrow.

Should have it sorted out this weekend I guess... luckily kellie is on maternity leave and I should be able to use her car. (she can't drive on the meds anyway...)

Nick
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Re: ship happens '07 accord

Post by Calimus »

Nick, that really sucks, but glad you are alright. Also glad it's not a total. Put some ice on the ankle and spend some time with the new baby. Oh, better not forget to spend some time with kellie as well.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

Post by Briano1234 »

Dam my luck is rubbing off....
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

Major bummer! :( She obviously wasn't paying attention when the instructor said, "Look left, right, then left again before pulling out onto a roadway". :roll: Good to hear you weren't injured. :thumbup:
vw_nick

Post by vw_nick »

insurance adjuster was extremely cooperative, nearly helpful. He read through the ads I sent him from the samba and gave me a fair price on the car. several days spent collecting parts, and several days in the bodyshop next door to work... still need to do an alignment though, drifts slightly to the right, think the right camber is too positive judging by the fender lines. (the right front "frame" did suffer some slight damage afterall)

Nick
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Nick, looks like you did a fine job putting everyting back together as always. Glad it all worked out for you.

In rocco news, your old 87' started back with the bogging at idle, but it's randome now, not a constant. Also, since it had to totally working fuel pumps again, it blew a fuel line right before the externam pump. Replaced that and she's a happy rocco again. Now if I could just find a working speedo/odo I'd know just how many miles I was putting on her and what the current mpg's are. I had 4 laying around, checked them all, the odo's are shot in all of them, figures. On to the hunt. :thumbup:
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

I have a working VDO with a good red gear, if that is a help, and it is out of the cluster.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

let me make sure the only difference is the face plate. I'm fairly certain it is, but I need to make sure and I have a cabby cluster around here somewhere (with the same issue as the others of course).
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

it is out of the 89 I had.... but don't call my cell for a couple of days, as I washed it in my jeans, and it has to dry out.
Briano

ibennett
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by ibennett »

Not sure if this will help Brian but put the cell phone in a container with some rice, the rice will draw out the moister. Seen this on All My Children last week.
Volkswagons don't leak oil, they just mark their spot!

Ilene
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Post by Briano1234 »

ibennett wrote:Not sure if this will help Brian but put the cell phone in a container with some rice, the rice will draw out the moister. Seen this on All My Children last week.

Easier than that I took it in to the sprint store, saying that the kids left it outside in a down pour.
They took it apart, and the moisture detector wasn't red.... as in it didn't get wet internally.
So they claened the contacts and replaced the battery and it is almost as good as new, the Speaker Phone (the ringer to)
don't work, but what the hell it vibrates...... :)
Briano