Want to share info about things other then cabriolets? Post it here

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

Briano1234
Whats that smell?
What year is your cabby?: 1992
Do you own a Cabriolet?: No

What I have been working on

Post by Briano1234 »

Well, few of you know that my daughter decided to pull out in front of a car....
She tried to hide it from me (too bad the insurance company calls) and drove it for about 2 months with a drivers door that wouldn't open,
ruined the tires. Well she had decided to "move" to Portland Ore.

I have had my own family gets in the way of life issues so I don't have good photos of before, but here are a few of my repair....
I still have to get a "rear" door, and because I am a 1/4 inch off, my plan is to grind the clearance I need between the doors about 1/8 off the back of the driver door the whole lenght, and a 1/8 off the bottom half of the passengers front door.

Here is what the clearance should look like:

Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
You can lead a user to a link, but you can't make him Click.... :screwy:
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Re: What I have been working on

Post by Briano1234 »

I got the bondo/glass over the repair and primed, waiting to find a rear door that I like. The front fender is sanded and primed.
I have to put all the internals back in to the door, but will wait till after I get it painted. That fiberglass bondo crap works, it is funky to
mix, and to get totally smooth, but it does fill voids and is water proof.

I still have to finish sanding and priming, but at least I almost got a car back.
Briano

Yes as matter of fact, I have the Luck o'the Irish...everything I touch turns to fertilizer of the bovine variety.
Briano1234
Whats that smell?

Re: What I have been working on

Post by Briano1234 »

Well here are some updates, I watched the wheel go down the road, and the wheel is bent. But from what I have seen the control arms and knuckle and stub axle aren't...

Briano