Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber, Briano1234

CalAltaDubber
Frozen Guy in the Northern Country
What year is your cabby?: 1987
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Re: **2009 CALENDAR**

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Wow, It's almost the 30th!

Kammy did you get enough photos, or do some of us have to get creative to help finish this off?
Phil

'87 Cabriolet, "Topless Bunny"
'88 Cabriolet, "Posh Bunny"
'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI
'69 Manx type Dune Buggy (New Toy)

Image Image
kamzcab86
Queen and Popette of Cabbydom
What year is your cabby?: 1986

Post by kamzcab86 »

I actually received enough photos to create two calendars, Phil. :shock: :mrgreen: There were a lot of great shots submitted. :thumbup: I'm presently debating: one calendar or two... hmmm.
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

kamzcab86 wrote:I actually received enough photos to create two calendars, Phil. :shock: :mrgreen: There were a lot of great shots submitted. :thumbup: I'm presently debating: one calendar or two... hmmm.
Just to "throw a wrench into the works" :lol: Another option would be a 24 month calendar. :D
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
ibennett
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by ibennett »

I really love that idea, wouldn't have to buy a calender for a long time, lol
CalAltaDubber wrote:
kamzcab86 wrote:I actually received enough photos to create two calendars, Phil. :shock: :mrgreen: There were a lot of great shots submitted. :thumbup: I'm presently debating: one calendar or two... hmmm.
Just to "throw a wrench into the works" :lol: Another option would be a 24 month calendar. :D
Volkswagons don't leak oil, they just mark their spot!

Ilene
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

Good idea, Phil! The only problem is that Cafe Press doesn't have a 24-month calendar option; they don't even have a 16-month option. :?

I'm going to look into other options for the 2010 calendar. Cafe Press was chosen this time purely for simplicity and ease of world-wide ordering.
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

In that case, go for two calendars, I'd buy them both! :D
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Bugly
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Bugly »

You could always post the photos and let the forum vote for the best twelve or put two pics for each month :idea: :?:
'89 cabby
'94 jet R.I.P.
'02 gti 1.8 turbo
'92 F150 4X4 (VW rescue vhicle)
'99 red jet IV
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

So, I created the version 1 calendar and thought all was hunky-dory, but noooooooooo. I received this email from CafePress today:

"In accordance with our Intellectual Property Rights Policy, Gregory D. Phillips, on behalf of Volkswagen of America, Inc. provided us with a notice stating that the use of images bearing the distinctive shape of the Classic and New Volkswagen vehicles, the VW Emblem and/or other VW trademarks and trade dress infringes upon their intellectual property rights (trademark/copyright).

Accordingly, we have set the content that is alleged to infringe the rights of the third party to "pending status" which disables said content from being displayed in your shop or purchased by the public."

Even the Cabriolets with badgeless grilles were flagged.

:roll: :rmad: :banghead:
ibennett
What year is your cabby?: 1988

Post by ibennett »

That really stinks!
Volkswagons don't leak oil, they just mark their spot!

Ilene
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

I realize that Volkswagen is very protective of their intellectual property (IP), but they do have a licencing program. It is free, I believe.

Here's the website:
http://www.vw.com/companyinfo/trademarkprogram/en/us/
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

Yeah, I've been all through the trademark stuff a few times over the past year and even printed the merchandise license form. The problem is, it takes up to a month to receive the license from VAG (correspondence goes to/from Germany, not VWoA), and that's if they approve your idea(s)... all for a calendar that contains pictures of people's cars. :roll:

I talked to someone putting together a calendar for the Mk4 cars. He didn't offer up any info as to where he's getting them printed or anything like that, but he did say that there wasn't any problem with the '08 calendars, the 'rocco folks didn't have a problem with the '08 calendars (ironically, sold on CafePress), regional folks didn't have problems with their calendars... So, the options at this point are:

1) I get a set quantity of the calendars printed either locally or online (by a company other than CafePress) by paying for them all upfront and then reselling them here and shipping them out to everyone. Or,
2) Get pre-paid orders from everyone via PayPal and money orders, have the calendars made and shipped to me and then I in turn ship them out to everyone.

Since the above options are it at this point, making two versions of the calendar is probably out. It also means that the price of the calendar will most likely be more than $14.99 (base price). :?

I don't blame CafePress; in fact, I had a feeling this was a possibility given the fact that the only VW calendar at CafePress is a Ghia calendar, produced by a licensed Ghia club.

The calendar WILL be printed, someway, somehow!! :wink: Stay tuned!
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

Hats off to you Kamz.

I really admire your determination on this. If you need any assistance, don't be afraid to get hold of me.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
kamzcab86

Post by kamzcab86 »

Thanks, Phil!

I think I've found a solution to the problem: A really cool web-based company! :mrgreen: Calendar #1 is done; just need to place the order, which will, hopefully, be tomorrow. I'll work on Calendar #2 as well tomorrow; if all goes right, I'll order it too. And, the base price should be less than CafePress! :beer:
CalAltaDubber

Post by CalAltaDubber »

kamzcab86 wrote:Thanks, Phil!

I think I've found a solution to the problem: A really cool web-based company! :mrgreen: Calendar #1 is done; just need to place the order, which will, hopefully, be tomorrow. I'll work on Calendar #2 as well tomorrow; if all goes right, I'll order it too. And, the base price should be less than CafePress! :beer:
My fingers are crossed.
Phil

'04 Golf
'12 Golf Wagon TDI

Image Image
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this folks. Kammy, glad you are finding a solution. It seems funny that VWoA just constantly shoots themselves in the foot with the very ppl that praise their product.

I recently had a video pulled from you tube because a song from the Rolling Stones was playing on the radio while I was recording the video. Video had been up for over a year and didn't get many hits, but hey, the song was on the radio for christs sake. :banghead:

Anyway, Kammy, if there is anything I or Cristine can do to help you out, just let me know. This hasn't been our year for free time as we are both still stuck in work schedule hell. Curently, we see each other 1 day a week. :(

At any rate, I shouldn't complain, we both have jobs. I'm just hoping this ends soon so we can get back to having time for this place and the cars in general.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C